Sign in to follow this  
cbb

Voice control and button assignment for PTT

I have voice control and letter k assigned within Pushback as a PTT and in FSUIPC to a button (to repeat while held)

Sometimes it seems to work, sometimes not - it seems to be something to do with this "focus" issue because if I have Pushback user interface in focus and press "k" on my keyboard the comms is perfect. 

But if I then click on MSFS (full screen or desktop mode), the Pushback User Interface will disappear (presumably because MSFS is now in focus and not Pushback), but then neither my PTT button nor pressing "k" on the keyboard will work

Log attached

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhFM6YrZMxlq1jUqBSAAlrRUjd6m?e=AMgU8X

Version 2.4.80

FSUIPC - it makes no difference.  Instead of using fsuipc, if I press k on the keyboard, it works if pushback is in focus (clicked on) but not if out of focus (eg minimized)

If  PBE is minimized, then you must ensure MSFS is focus...that means clicking on it...not only being shown on screen...if you have it in windowed mode, but another window is being shown and MSFS doesn't have focus (input focus), even if its shown on screen...it will not be able to catch any keystroke.

Cheers,

Manuel

spacer.png

I tried all this again, I have 3 windows, all on full-screen, I tried clicking on all 3 in both window and full-screen modes without success.  This is too difficult and subject to problems (eg you get all your flight set up and then can't push back), I'll leaver Pushback Express for now and see if things get easier in the future and, I hope, something more similar to UGCX which worked flawlessly for me on P3D with huge realism, in particular the following which are missing:

- automatic pushback route (like the real thing) without the need to manually do this with pedals, and without the need to manually stop pushback with the phrase "stop pushback" or a button - it just stopped automatically

- automatic change of ground crew accents depending on where you are (instead of manually having to do this)

So that was the brilliance of UGCX, not much difference but makes a huge difference to realism

I'll look forward to returning hopefully and thx for the support

- automatic pushback route (like the real thing) without the need to manually do this with pedals, and without the need to manually stop pushback with the phrase "stop pushback" or a button - it just stopped automatically

We have "distance mode" for that.  However, the new Airports API may allow us to fully automate this process.  We'll see.

Thanks v much, as soon as these 2 things are in place, I'll be back in a shot, I understand there are limtations in MSFS, but I'm sure they will be addressed.  Thx for the understanding!

Great video!  Just another piece of feedback, the use of on-screen menus, etc is great for some, but for those of us who want to use voice we want as much realism as possible, which means, like the real thing, no clicks nor keyboards and no menus, but just like UGCX, switch assignment and voice, that's it.  Then it is just like the real thing.  Thx again!

Yes, that is the issue, you have to do that manually with a keyboard, the greatness and realism of UGCX is that you didn't have to touch a keyboard nor mouse, nor enter any settings menu, it just worked like in the real thing, just contact the ground crew and go

You may be interested in my thoughts posted here where I mention these shortcomings, all credit to your UGCX:

https://forum.prosim-ar.com/viewtopic.php?p=165854#p165854

The config options save in Pushback Express.  You only need to make your selections once.  The Voice control option will save.

UGCX was the same way.  You had to select the settings, such as voice control, at least once.

But I think you mean you don't want to have to "load" PBE via the Command Center.

PBE runs externally.  It's not like UGCX, which ran inside the simulator.