Sign in to follow this  
eddl

Snapshot Time reset after application update?

Hi Nico,

on my last two application updates I noticed the snapshot time was reset to 3 mins. I had 0 set before the updates to disable this feature. The rest of my settings were consistent after the updates.

Not sure if I am the only one. Maybe it's not a bug, but a feature!? 🙂

Thanks a lot!

48 minutes ago, eddl said:

Maybe it's not a bug, but a feature!? 🙂

That's a feature. But I don't think it had something to do with application updates.

If you tick Learn Destination while snap shot is 0, PSXT will set the snap shot to 3 minutes (you must have missed the message in the GUI). That's because when PSXt asks Learner to stop Learning, Learner produces a snap shot file that PSXT has to read as soon as possible. But PSXT would not read the snap shot file if the time was still 0 minutes .

Maybe I'll make this more sophisticated, so you don';t have to reset it to 0. But that's how it is now.

Edited by kiek
  • Like 1

Thank you! Currently every flight a new application update, therefore I thought it might be the update. 🙂

Keep the updates coming. 🙂

Instead of resetting the user choice, it would be better to just ignore the user setting when the handover from learner to PSXT takes place. But it is just my preference and likely not a big issue for all.

I disabled the snapshot feature as changing time in the sim (with RT sync) will not be reflected in the static aircraft allocation, as the snapshot from a different time of the day has priority.

I did not notice the GUI message due to VR, I am sorry for that.