Sign in to follow this  
McCrash

what aircraft can an airport handle?

Guest boeing_c2c4

Hi!Just a question out of curiosity (and maybe to not do silly things haha). How does one find out (in FSX) what kind of aircraft can be accomodated at a certain airport? Indeed can it be done? For example, one wants to fly to Jersey in an A380. I would guess that Jersey can't take an A380, but how do we check that in FSX? Silly question I know, but I want to fly to some smaller airports, and don't want to be running out of runway :-DThanks in advance for the helpJohn

Pre-flight planning.First I assume you know the minimum required runway for the landing weight of the aircraft you will be flying.Second I assume you know how well you land, if you need more runway to land.Then lookup the airport.The best way is to look at the data in FSX, not the real world data.Because FSX might be different.You can use FSXPlanner, ADE or AFX free demo to look at the FSX airport layout and get date on the runway lengths, navaids, etc.You can find info on FSXP and ADE on the www.fsdeveloper.com web site.AFX is a payware product from Flight 1.

>Hi!>>Just a question out of curiosity (and maybe to not do silly>things haha). How does one find out (in FSX) what kind of>aircraft can be accomodated at a certain airport? Indeed can>it be done? For example, one wants to fly to Jersey in an>A380. I would guess that Jersey can't take an A380, but how do>we check that in FSX? Silly question I know, but I want to fly>to some smaller airports, and don't want to be running out of>runway :-D>>Thanks in advance for the help>>JohnOne tacky way to check is to go to the fsx planner and enter your destination airport as the departure airport and then check the list of gates. If there are no gates for heavies then I would assume you can't land a 380 there. Not 100% accurate, I know.Other thing to check are all runway lengths from charts.You can get airport information at certain websites like www.airnav.com.