Sign in to follow this  
Erathost

Allocating long and short click to one button (x-touch mini)

First I select key down event and the select Long Click event. (see picture without Long Click selected).
But now the Panel chaspacer.pngspacer.pngnges and shows me the event as short click and Long click field is empty. see picture with Long click selected

Add does not work here. 

What is wrong here?
Using: Axis and Oh MSFS V 2.81 b05 

You do not have an event in the 'Long Click' box at the top, so nothing to add?

Click in that box and select what you want the long click to do. Right click on the the 'Short Click' box to clear it's entry.

Or, you could have two different events, one for short click and one for long.

Selecting 'Long' doesn't convert your 'Down Event' to a 'Long Event', it simply provides another box where you enter what you want a long click to do. Your original 'Down Event' will now be classed as 'Short Click'.

Edited by Dazzlercee23

Compare picture 1 and 2. First I selected event and then pressed long click. Now panel changed and put my long event in field with short click!? Why? If I override panel I cannot add. Pressing add does not add anything.

The problem starts with clicking on long click. If not selecting long click everthing works fine.

You are not understanding it correctly.

When you click 'Long' you are not telling the software to transfer your currently selected 'Key Down Event' to a 'Long Click'.

Selecting 'Long' simply reveals the 'Long Click' option box, and you have to then select an event for your long click. Your original 'Key Down Event' becomes your 'Short Click'.

Select the same event for 'Long Click' as you originally did for 'Key Down Event'.

If you wish to clear the 'Short Click' event, right click with your mouse in the box and it will change to 'None'.

Edited by Dazzlercee23

My intension is this:

CLR Key (DFLT MAP) – Erases information, cancels an entry, or removes page menus. To display the Navigation Map Page immediately, press and hold CLR (MFD only).

First select long click. Now select event in long click field (upper). H:AS1000_MFD_CLR_Long

Now in short click field selected short event  H:AS1000_MFD_CLR

Press Button on minitouch.

Press add.

Now if pressing button long (500 ms) I see green light up in AAO assigned buttons table. so ok.

Pressing short. Green Light does not show.

So not sure if it works as designed for both events now. In Sim looks like short works but not long one. So kind of irritating results.

Yeah, I think the green light only shows for the Long Click, don't know why. The short clicks are working though. I use many buttons that have long and short clicks applied.

I would assign long click to some other, known working event, just to test. If it works, then it is the H:AS1000_MFD_CLR_Long that is either not being recognised or not configured correctly.