Sign in to follow this  
Mikeingreen

Issues with xBox apps on pc

I tried starting MSFS and for the 1st time got the "Insert Disc 1" error. I saw someone got around the issue by starting from the xBox app so was going to try that but I cannot got logged in to it for some reason. Same with xBox insiders app and the M$ Store app. My xBox Series X works fine as does the xBox page via a web browser. Any ideas?

Ryzen 7 5800 x3D, Asus Tuf Gaming X570 Plus, Geforce GTX 4080 F.E., 32GB Corsair PC-3600, 1TB Samsung Evo 970 nVME SSD, 1TB Samsung Evo 870 SSD, 500GB Samsung Evo 870 SSD

13 minutes ago, Mikeingreen said:

I tried starting MSFS and for the 1st time got the "Insert Disc 1" error. I saw someone got around the issue by starting from the xBox app so was going to try that but I cannot got logged in to it for some reason. Same with xBox insiders app and the M$ Store app. My xBox Series X works fine as does the xBox page via a web browser. Any ideas?

Do you get an error message while trying to log on?
If your username or password is incorrect obviously you won't be able to logon. You will have to use the same account you used to purchase MSFS.

Sometimes it helps to go to the Store app and update everything first.

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

6 minutes ago, orchestra_nl said:

Do you get an error message while trying to log on?
If your username or password is incorrect obviously you won't be able to logon. You will have to use the same account you used to purchase MSFS.

Sometimes it helps to go to the Store app and update everything first.

I get no error messages at all, it just changes back to the page to log in. And as I said, I cannot get the Store page to open at all to update anything.

Ryzen 7 5800 x3D, Asus Tuf Gaming X570 Plus, Geforce GTX 4080 F.E., 32GB Corsair PC-3600, 1TB Samsung Evo 970 nVME SSD, 1TB Samsung Evo 870 SSD, 500GB Samsung Evo 870 SSD

2 minutes ago, Mikeingreen said:

I get no error messages at all, it just changes back to the page to log in. And as I said, I cannot get the Store page to open at all to update anything.

You could try to reset the Microsoft Store app. To do this you can use Windows key + R and type wsreset.exe

hopefully that works. When in doubt restart your PC first. If the MS Store app wil launch you can check for updates there, even without logging in.

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

20 minutes ago, orchestra_nl said:

You could try to reset the Microsoft Store app. To do this you can use Windows key + R and type wsreset.exe

hopefully that works. When in doubt restart your PC first. If the MS Store app wil launch you can check for updates there, even without logging in.

I tried resetting the Store from the all apps page earlier with no results. I just tried with your suggestion but still get the "Page could not be loaded, try again later" message. I cannot understand what has happened. Everything was working fine last week, went to visit my daughters family for a week, came home last night and now this. I have restarted my pc multiple times this morning, ran numerous Troubleshooters, reset the Store and the xbox apps, checked to make sure nothing has changed in firewall permissions, and nothing seems to help.

I don't know what you have tried exactly already but perhaps this guide will help you:
Page could not be loaded, Please try again later, Microsoft Store Error (thewindowsclub.com)

There could be a lot of issues but most likely related to network issues. VPN's or wrong network/router settings might cause this. A bad host file might also cause these kind of things but is unlikely.
IIRC, that Google maps addon for MSFS does things to the host file so if you have used that in the past that might be worth a look.

Flightsim rig:

37 minutes ago, orchestra_nl said:

I don't know what you have tried exactly already but perhaps this guide will help you:
Page could not be loaded, Please try again later, Microsoft Store Error (thewindowsclub.com)

There could be a lot of issues but most likely related to network issues. VPN's or wrong network/router settings might cause this. A bad host file might also cause these kind of things but is unlikely.
IIRC, that Google maps addon for MSFS does things to the host file so if you have used that in the past that might be worth a look.

I tried everything listed on that page with no help. I checked my "hosts" file and it is the same as the Win11 default file' Only thing I have not tried is rebooting my router, but I am going to do that as soon as I check for and updates to the router firmware. I will let you know when I complete that.

UPDATE:

I don't know WHY but there was a firmware update available and doing that and restarting my route seems to have fixed my issue. I don't know which thing did the trick but I am not going to complain. Now off to see if MSFS will start up finally. I have been away from flying, except for about 3000 miles in a REAL Embraur 175, for over a week and I need my fix. Thanks for trying to help.

Edited by Mikeingreen
Update

Great you got it solved. Hopefully your MSFS will start fine. I am in the current beta and sofar have lots of issues even starting MSFS, but that's the risk of joining beta's.

Flightsim rig:

2 hours ago, orchestra_nl said:

Great you got it solved. Hopefully your MSFS will start fine. I am in the current beta and sofar have lots of issues even starting MSFS, but that's the risk of joining beta's.

I am in the Beta also and just did a KSTL to KTUL with the TBM with no issues so keeping my fingers and toes crossed on future flights. But still wondering what my router issue was 😉