Sign in to follow this  
masconti

MSFS flight plane import trouble

After the last WU update every flight plane import in MSFS from LNM goes to North Pole and then return to destination

Does you flight plan contain user defined waypoints (in LNM User-defined Waypoint) which are moved North?

Then this is a known issue with MSFS present for a long time already.
I checked quite a few flight plans and the export file and coordinates are correct. No idea why MSFS chokes on these.

Alex

I'll try.

My flight planes are old and before yesterday they work perfectly. They are saved in the PC and they work in LNM but when I load them in MSFS they don't work because there is every time a waypoint at the North Pole

I understand the problem

From now MSFS doesn't recognize the VRP user point but only VP+number of jeppesen/navigraph. It's a pity because they change on every update.

The green square point consists of just coordinates and a name and is normally understood by every simulator.

This means it does not have to exist in the sim.

Alex

Edited by albar965

Same thing here. Leaving LCMH the World Map shows me going to the North Pole and back to the first way point. Even though this shows on the world map, it's not in the plan or the waypoints shown at the top of the map. The plan still flies as designed.

AMD 3800X, Gigabyte Radeon 5700XT, AS Rock X570 Phantom Gaming 4, 32mb 3600 ram

I need example files if these do not load. Otherwise I cannot reproduce the problem.🤷‍♂️

Do you use the MSFS SU12 beta or SU11? Maybe this is already fixed in SU12 beta?

This plan has contains two user waypoints and has no issues loading into MSFS latest beta SU12:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="AceXML" version="1,0">
    <Descr>AceXML Document</Descr>
    <FlightPlan.FlightPlan>
        <Title>EDXW to EDDW</Title>
        <FPType>VFR</FPType>
        <RouteType>Direct</RouteType>
        <CruisingAlt>40000</CruisingAlt>
        <DepartureID>EDXW</DepartureID>
        <DepartureLLA>N54° 54' 41.89",E8° 20' 32.61",+000036.00</DepartureLLA>
        <DestinationID>EDDW</DestinationID>
        <DestinationLLA>N53° 2' 50.65",E8° 47' 12.28",+000013.00</DestinationLLA>
        <Descr>EDXW, EDDW</Descr>
        <DepartureName>Westerland/Sylt</DepartureName>
        <DestinationName>Bremen</DestinationName>
        <AppVersion>
            <AppVersionMajor>11</AppVersionMajor>
            <AppVersionBuild>282174</AppVersionBuild>
        </AppVersion>
        <ATCWaypoint id="EDXW">
            <ATCWaypointType>Airport</ATCWaypointType>
            <WorldPosition>N54° 54' 41.89",E8° 20' 32.61",+000036.00</WorldPosition>
            <ICAO>
                <ICAOIdent>EDXW</ICAOIdent>
            </ICAO>
        </ATCWaypoint>
        <ATCWaypoint id="WP1">
            <ATCWaypointType>User</ATCWaypointType>
            <WorldPosition>N54° 37' 57.07",E7° 57' 14.61",+040000.00</WorldPosition>
        </ATCWaypoint>
        <ATCWaypoint id="DHE">
            <ATCWaypointType>VOR</ATCWaypointType>
            <WorldPosition>N54° 11' 8.46",E7° 54' 38.52",+040000.00</WorldPosition>
            <ICAO>
                <ICAORegion>ED</ICAORegion>
                <ICAOIdent>DHE</ICAOIdent>
            </ICAO>
        </ATCWaypoint>
        <ATCWaypoint id="WP2">
            <ATCWaypointType>User</ATCWaypointType>
            <WorldPosition>N53° 58' 2.62",E8° 33' 49.68",+040000.00</WorldPosition>
        </ATCWaypoint>
        <ATCWaypoint id="EDDW">
            <ATCWaypointType>Airport</ATCWaypointType>
            <WorldPosition>N53° 2' 50.65",E8° 47' 12.28",+000013.00</WorldPosition>
            <ICAO>
                <ICAOIdent>EDDW</ICAOIdent>
            </ICAO>
        </ATCWaypoint>
    </FlightPlan.FlightPlan>
</SimBase.Document>

Alex

Ok. Thanks. But keep this in mind:

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 Airports and Navdata

• If you use the Navigraph update for MSFS: Update the Little Navmap database with the FMS Data Manager as well to keep the program in sync with the MSFS scenery library. Use the scenery mode Use Navigraph for Navaids and Procedures in the menu Scenery Library to get access to all procedures in Little Navmap. This is the default.

Also check the selection in menu Scenery Library -> Airspace Libraries. Select Navigraph and uncheck Simulator there.

• If you do not use the Navigraph update for MSFS: Use the scenery mode Do not use Navigraph Database in the menu Scenery Library to avoid issues with missing or changed navaids.

The selection in menu Scenery Library -> Airspace Libraries should have Simulator checked. Uncheck Navigraph there.

LNM normally checks this after every reload.

I know there was a bug in recent MSFS versions where custom/user waypoints were placed at the North Pole. Seems to be fixed.

Alex

On 2/25/2023 at 11:58 AM, loop_n_roll said:

Same thing here. Leaving LCMH the World Map shows me going to the North Pole and back to the first way point. Even though this shows on the world map, it's not in the plan or the waypoints shown at the top of the map. The plan still flies as designed.

I want to make sure I understand this. Although the user waypoint shows the north pole on the flightplanning page it will show correctly once spawned in the airplane?