Sign in to follow this  
jordanal

FSX - AI Wingspan values for WoAI & PAI ?

Hi,Currently using WoAI and PAI converted through AIFPC in FSX. I have modified/added the soundai folders and the exit info for jetways too. Now, as I currently understand it, the parking has changed from radii to wingspan values.Is there a working list of WoAI and PAI model values to change the wingspan to yet? What is the latest and greatest scoop on AI-wingspans?Thanks...

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Well, that's just about the most-perfect reply I could have imagined. In the top right-hand corner of that table, you can also download a spreadsheet to keep as an offline copy; how thoughtful! I was hopeing you might personally chime-in on this thread Reggie. Your awnsers are always concise and accurate. Thanks again my friend.BTW, besides compiling directly with a trafficdatabasebuilder type utility, is there anything elese, in general update terms, that I can do with my TTools-type AI for the moment; for use in FSX?WoAI and PAI traffic:Decompiled and recompiled with AIFPCadded aisound folder where missing on ai-aircraftadded proper exit info from UT-X forum to all ai-aircraftcheck & adjust wingspan values on ai-aircraftAnything else to make it more FSX-compatible? Besides TTDBB... I tried "reduceai" to variate the percentage within the decompiled flightplans but it was too much work. Just decided to use 100% on the airline-slider in FSX. At 100%, I'm still pullin' about 15FPS at JFK, with decent scenery settings to boot.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

That's about all I'm doing.I did create two folders for AI aircraft.FS9_AI_Aircraft_UpdatedFS9_AI_Aircraft_UnchangedWhen I get a plane setup right it is moved to the Updated folder.I use one of two things on flightplans where the AI% is set to one value.For large FP, I bring them in to AITM and "Randomize AI percentage"For small FP, I have a nice shareware text editor - TextPad 5 from Helios Software Solutions - which has a macro capability. I have a macro setup to go through small FP and update the 1% AI to 11%, 21%, 31%, etc.

Thanks again Reggie. As usual, very informative. The wingspan list worked well as I'm already done updating all the aircraft.cfg files. Of course, PowerGrep helps speed edits up a lot across multiple files.Right now I'm re-installing UTraffic-X as a filler for everything not already supplied by WoAI or PAI.Are the UTfc-X air files still the old ones from the early days of PAI? At a quick glance, it looks like some of the PAI models have later versions of air-files than UT-X. Not being overly picky, do I really need to update the UT-X models/air-files from PAI back to UT-X in any way?

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

I wouldn't bother to update the .AIR files from UT. They should be good. The aircraft.cfg files have been updated.