Sign in to follow this  
Roy Warren

Flight Plans for user created airports

Using the SDK I have created an airport near my home.  I can go to the World Menu and it shows up there and I can make a flight plan using it.

Is there a way that I can make these flight plans using LittleNavMap? 

Thanks,

Roy Warren

Hi Roy,

LNM should also show the airport if you can load and see it in the simulator.
You just have to reload the scenery library in LNM after adding it to the sim.

An exception are airports which add 3D objects like hangers but do not contain airport structures. LNM cannot detect these.

Alex

Good to know but I can't get the Scenery Library to load.  This week I had to do a reinstall of the sim and it created a WPSystem directory on my SSD drive.   F:\WpSystem\S-1-5-21-1097094156-340995561-2572555467-1001\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages.  I didn't add Community or Official\One Store to that when I entered it.  Should I have?

It accepted this location and did the load, but nothing was loaded.  No files, no airports. Don't know why it created the WPSystems.  Before it was just F:\MSFS\Community

Please help

Edited by Roy Warren

Try "Reset Paths" in the load scenery library dialog if the simulator was reinstalled to a different place.
The Community folder is optional but "Official/One Store" has to exist. Otherwise the installation is broken.

The S-1-5-21-... is a synonym for your login name as far as I understand. Looks like a strange installation place.

Here in the FAQ is some information how LNM find the installation folder: https://albar965.github.io/littlenavmap-faq.html#msfs-scenery-library

Alex

No luck.  If I click Reset Paths it goes back to the C:\ path that is non existent now. I reentered the long F:\ path ending with either  "Community, Official, One Store". None worked. 

I wish I could get back to the simple path and not that WP path.  I have to make six or seven clicks to bring up my Community Folder where before it was just F:\MSFS\Community.

I recently had a crash that caused me to lose everything.  All my saved flights that were exported into FS were lost.  Fortunately, I had saved the flight plans into LNM and can reload them and export them again and now they are back.  Good for LNM.

Reinstalling everything including LNM is part of the process.  Now I can't get the Scenery Library. I don't know what effect this will have on using LNM. 

I suppose there is still a file "C:\Users\USER\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\UserCfg.opt" left. Otherwise LNM would not detect MSFS at all.

What is the last line in this file? I suppose this is pointing to the old F:\ path.
You can change the path in the UserCfg.opt last line to point to "F:\WpSystem\S-1-5-21-1097094156-340995561-2572555467-1001\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages". This is more a workaround but should fix it. This will probably help other add-ons too.

Alex

Edit: No need to reinstall LNM.

Edited by albar965

6 minutes ago, albar965 said:

I suppose there is still a file "C:\Users\USER\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\UserCfg.opt" left. Otherwise LNM would not detect MSFS at all.

The rest of the path does not appear after C:\USER\   There is no AppData\etc.

1 minute ago, Roy Warren said:

The rest of the path does not appear after C:\USER\   There is no AppData\etc.

Now I'm a bit at a loss. "C:\Users\USER" should exist where USER is your login name. Looks like your home folder is lost or messed up.

Alex

At this point I don't know what to do except reinstall again and put it back on my C drive, even though it is almost full.  That was the reason for putting on the F: drive to start with.  When I first set it up it was perfect (F:\MSFS\Community) then the crash and reinstall, now this WPSystem thing and lots of problems.

The only thing LNM wise that I don't understand is why when I press "Reset Path" it would revert to a C path that is non existent.

Thanks for all your help.  I won't take up any more of your time with this.  I agree with you that something is wrong with my computer.  The crash seemed to corrupted a lot of things.

Edited by Roy Warren

Try a workaround. Create a text file including all folders: "C:\Users\USER\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\UserCfg.opt"

Then put one line into this file:

InstalledPackagesPath "F:\WpSystem\S-1-5-21-1097094156-340995561-2572555467-1001\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages"

Path including the quotes as shown above. This should normally help LNM to detect the installation.

Alex

Now it's getting above my pay grade 🙂 I started by going the the USER|rwarr folder and created a new folder and when I tried to rename it AppData it said I already had this folder.  So I went to the View menu and selected view hidden items.  Now the whole string of folders is there including a Community Folder, Official/OneStore and all it's entries.

So in effect, I have two of these folders, which defeats the purpose of eliminating them from my C drive.  I can't understand why the installer would do that.  That is why there is a link to that WPSystems folder.

I tried the "Reset Paths" again using this C path and it still returned zeros for all the different items.

AppData is hidden per default. Sorry, forgot to mention. Look at the UserCfg.opt in there and change it to the other path. LNM always dives into AppData... not matter if it's hidden or not.

Alex

Changed the cfg file and got it to appear in the Scenery Library, but it still returned zeros for all items.

Alex, Just wanted you to know that I moved a lot of stuff from my C drive to my F drive and reinstalled MSFS to the C drive.

Everything is working fine now.  The Scenery Library is loaded as I post this.

When I uninstalled last week I did it through the MS Store.  It only took about 10 seconds.  This time I did it through the XBox app.  It took about 15 minutes.  My feeling is that the Store uninstall didn't remove all of the program and caused all of the mix up.  It takes four hour to download and install, so I feel that it couldn't be uninstalled in 10 seconds.  Just my opinion.  I'm no expert on this.

Thanks for all your help this morning.  After the scenery library finishes loading, hopefully my home airport will appear.

Roy

Just finished loading and my airport and helipad are there. 🙂

Edited by Roy Warren