Sign in to follow this  
Kalnon

What the **** happened to my library?

Something happened to my library when I went and tried to uncheck and disable some while I had a flight loaded, now it looks like this???  What happened and how do I fix it?  Do I have to reinstall all my scenery again?

tHDwQRy.png

Odd that FSX seems to load without issue and some of the blank entries have checkmarks. A couple of things you could try if rebooting your computer and restarting FSX doesn't work.

Look in Program Data\Microsoft\FSX and see if Scenery.cfg exists.  If so then it likely got corrupted.  At that point you can try one of two things;  First make a copy of the existing Scenery.cfg.  Then see if you have a backup copy of Scenery.cfg or one that's been renamed.  If so, copy and rename it to Scenery.cfg and reload FSX.  Depending on how old the backup version is you might lose any recently installed scenery add-ons.

The second and the one I might try first would be to open the scenery.cfg file in Scenery Config Editor and see if it can repair the existing Scenery.cfg file.  That's the longer route because you would need to download and install SCE and there are still no guarantees you won't end up having to do the former.

If the above fails then there is a copy of Scenery.cfg in AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX, but that version only contains the base scenery data and you'll have to reinstall any add-ons.

Good luck..

Edited by airernie
  • Upvote 1

Ernest Pergrem