Sign in to follow this  
Elvensmith

Buying Marketplace Items - Steam Version

Not sure which forum area this belongs in so mods feel free to move.

I have some credit on my MS/XBox account (£10 plus a £15 Gift Card I recently added).

However when I go to the Marketplace and select an item to buy, it immediately redirects me to Steam to purchase Flight Sim credit. I don't want to use money from my Steam account, when I have credits on the MS account!

Is there any way to change how these purchases are funded or am I stuck with £25 in my MS account I can't use? If I try and buy the add o direct from the MS Store will it work in the Steam edition?

Yes, I had the same problem ... money in MS that MS won't take, they insist on going to Steam, which always fails and then after a bit sometimes works. 

One of several reasons to avoid the marketplace.

Thanks Keith. Guess I will have to find something non FS related in the MS store to spend the credit.

3 hours ago, keithb77 said:

One of several reasons to avoid the marketplace.

Why? This only happen to steam users.

IMHO their whole e-commerce system needs overhauling. You should be able to select from several payment options, whether Steam, XBox credit, PayPal or debit/credit card. Regardless of whether you own the Steam version or the direct purchased one. I also have a feeling buying FS credit’s won’t even let you use any Steam Wallet credit, you have to pay up front by card (please correct me if wrong).

• Upvote 1

In fact you can use the steam wallet and that's the best way! Preload your wallet and the msfs purchase only sticks for a while then succeeds.

The time taken to pay by card or PayPal times-out on the msfs side, it might work a day later or you might need to raIse a support ticket many days later.

The other reasons for avoiding the marketplace have been discussed many times...

• Upvote 2