Hello All, my first post.

I am finding LNM superb but I have one issue which I need a little help with,

Am running FSX and I have set up a Networked Laptop with my 'Flying PC' desktop.

All appears to be working OK - changes in location of my aircraft immediatly show on the networked laptop, and AI traffic all the same as on Desktop.

BUT although a Flight Plan is all good on the Desktop, saved and exported to .PLN OK, loaded in FSX Flight Planner, FP shows on aircraft GPS all OK, the FP does NOT show on the networked laptop.

There is a small red box at the bottom of the networked laptop LNM map that says 'Database is empty' although  I have copied all database files across from the Flying Desktop.

The User Guide is a little quiet on precise location of files/folders. I run FSX on a separate drive 'D' but all LNM files and folders are on C Drive on both computers - I dont know whether that could be an issue - but as I said everything works OK apart from the missing flight plan on the networked Laptop.

Any help would be great, Thanks,

Mike

Hi Mike,

about "Database is empty": You have to load the scenery library database on the flying computer and then copy it over to the networked laptop. This is only one or two files (two if you like to copy a Navigraph update too) and after copying they are ready-to-use on the network computer. No loading needed.

Since you already did above: Did you close LNM when copying the databases? Copied to the right place?
See here for details: https://www.littlenavmap.org/manuals/littlenavmap/release/latest/en/NETWORK.html

You also have to copy the flight plan between the computers. Best way to do this is to use a network share on the flying computer and then load it from the laptop using menu "File" -> "Open Flight Plan" into LNM. Plans are not transferred automatically.

Alex

Edited by albar965

Thanks Alex,

Its late here now so I will follow up tomorrow on the points that you made.

I certainly did not copy the flight plan between the 2 computers so that may well be my problem.

Will report back.

Mike

Hello Alex,

Back again.

I am certain I have done everything as per the User Guide - but I still have the red 'empty data base' message.

The only uncertainty that remains is that you mentioned copying the database 'in the right place'. I copied not just 2 but all the files into the folder 'little_navmap_db' - I assume that was right ?

Also I copied over a Flight Plan which showed up OK but of course it couldnt find the waypoints - no database.

Finally, main menu 'Scenery Library/Navigraph-AIRAC Cycle 1801' is set to 'Use Navigraph for Navaids and Procedures' in both computers as recommended in User Guide.

Am rapidly thinking that maybe I wont network after all and instead get a cheap small second desktop monitor to run side by side with my main monitor.

Maybe I will get back to actually flying soon,

Mike

Hi Mike,

not idea what's wrong there. The procedure is normally quite reliable and copying the files from "little_navmap_db" should fix the empty database. Copying all files is ok.

You copied from and to "C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\ABarthel\little_navmap_db", right? Check if you did not create a little_navmap_db folder inside the little_navmap_db folder.

Is the right simulator FSX or FSX Steam selected?
Does LNM on the flying computer also show the empty database?

Anyway, using a cheap second monitor is the best solution IMO and saves you from copying the databases and flight plans. This is what I do as well here when flying.

Alex

Hello Alex,

All fixed !!!

Your question : "You copied from and to "C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\ABarthel\little_navmap_db", right?" rang some bells in my head.

I wrongly assumed that I should copy the "ilttle_nav_map_db" folder from within "LittleNavMap-win32-2.8.9" - NOT from "....AppData etc"

Instant fix and now all working on networked laptop.

Thanks very much for all your help - I really can now get back to flying,

Thanks again,

Mike