Sign in to follow this  
ahammond22474

FS2020 Lost

I recently had to reload my windows 11 due to WMR going belly up. Unfortunately I cannot now find FS2020 anywhere. I have checked with Microsoft store library and there is nothing there either. Originally it was installed from disc which I still have. But last time that I tried a reinstall using the dics Microsoft would not recognise the code I had stating that it had already been used. That took several hours on the phone to sort out. Any help or advice welcome as I resent paying out for a new download or set of discs.

1 hour ago, ahammond22474 said:

I recently had to reload my windows 11 due to WMR going belly up. Unfortunately I cannot now find FS2020 anywhere. I have checked with Microsoft store library and there is nothing there either. Originally it was installed from disc which I still have. But last time that I tried a reinstall using the dics Microsoft would not recognise the code I had stating that it had already been used. That took several hours on the phone to sort out. Any help or advice welcome as I resent paying out for a new download or set of discs.

Hi there, plz have a look at this below. Worked for me on my new rig, recently purchased. Good luck.

"This code has already been redeemed." when reinstalling or installing to a new PC – Aerosoft

Massimo Burti

Intel Core i9-13900K ¦ 64GB DDR4-3200 - 2x 32GB - Kingston Fury Beast - black ¦ 2x 2TB - m.2 NVMe Gen4 - Samsung 980 Pro ¦ Asus ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming WiFi D4  ¦ Asus TUF RTX 3080 Gaming OC LHR - 12GB ¦ 1000W - 80+ Platinum - Seasonic Prime PX

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately the sim is not listed on my Microsoft account. It should be in my library but it is not. So quite how I have managed to loose it when I reinstalled windows I don`t know.

Download it with the  xbox app, this happened to me as well. It wasn't listed on MSstore.

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

I recently installed Windows 11 due to my new build and MSFS2020 was not listed in my Library. What I did and you will also is serach the store for Microsoft Flight Simulator. It will show the 40th Aniversary Edition. Several version will show but one should show Owned. That is the one you need to select. Then it will install and add it to your Game Library. I also had to select the Digital Certificate listed in the 40th Aniversary Edition, scroll down. Install went smooth. I didn't want to use the Xbox app for the reinstall. 

Edited by Wise87

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

Thanks for the reply. I found the simulator in Microsoft store and it is showing as owned by me. Unfortunately when I tried to download it it stuck at 10% and would go no further. I tried a couple more times and now it refuses to even download the 10%. I now remember this same thing happening last year when I changed computers and Flight sim would not reload from my discs. I eventually got it sorted after a very long day on the phone to Microsoft support. I do not want to repeat that experience so I may just cut my losses and buy another copy only digital this time. Any further advice is more than welcome.