Sign in to follow this  
mwilk

P2A slow to load

I have been using the latest beta version with no issues until today. Yesterday I was doing a flight and P2A was working perfectly until MSFS locked up on approach. I had to reboot the computer. Today when I tried to do the flight again P2A was very slow to load after I clicked on the desktop icon. After it did load I imported the simbrief flight plan. When I click on the autoplan button it takes 2 to 3 minutes for it to add SIDS\STARS. It usually is almost instantaneous. Is there something I can do to repair this or would I just be better off uninstalling and reinstalling P2A. I did reinstall the Navigraph database just to be sure that wasn't it. Any help would be appreciated.

NAX669.png

First, check that your internet connection is working well.  Many activities occur on startup and when creating/editing a flight plan that use the internet. 

Second, check to be sure that the "Calculate Safe Enroute Altitudes" option is unchecked.

Also, try changing your Weather source to NOAA if it's not already set to that.  

Finally, you could rename your AppConfig.xml file to force a new one to be built.  You'll have to reset all the Config settings, but a corrupt AppConfig.xml file sometimes causes the program to slow down as you describe.

If none of that works, the uninstall and reinstall is about the only other thing I can think of.

Please let us know what happens.

Dave

Dave,

Thanks for the quick response. I just checked it and P2A is back to normal. It must have been the internet connection. If P2A's not working then I'm not flying.

NAX669.png