Sign in to follow this  
tigran9

selective FMA callouts

Is it possible to somehow choose which callouts shall be activated and which shouldn't?

I'd like to have "100 knots" on takeoff roll for example, but not "V1" (it's automatic by the A/C), also not "V2" but I'd like to keep "positive rate".

On descent I may not need "one thousand" for it's automatic as well... any chance these things can be tempered with?

edit: Also, I reeeeally don't want these "Transition altitude, set Standard" anymore, they're so annoying and usually come way after I've already set things up

Edited by tigran9

8 hours ago, tigran9 said:

Is it possible to somehow choose which callouts shall be activated and which shouldn't?

I'd like to have "100 knots" on takeoff roll for example, but not "V1" (it's automatic by the A/C), also not "V2" but I'd like to keep "positive rate".

On descent I may not need "one thousand" for it's automatic as well... any chance these things can be tempered with?

edit: Also, I reeeeally don't want these "Transition altitude, set Standard" anymore, they're so annoying and usually come way after I've already set things up

Good news.

This has been requested some time ago and has now been implemented. You'll get it in next update.

You can already add this section to "mce.ini". Enable/disable whichever call-outs you want. Won't work until new "mce.exe" is released either tomorrow or Friday at the latest..

[CALLOUTS]
80knots=0
100knots=1
V1=1
VR=1
PositiveRate=1
V2=1
TransitionAltitude=1
TenThousandClimbing=1
TenThousandDescending=0
TransitionLevel=0
OneThousandFinal=0
FiveHundredFinal=0
Minimums=1
60KnotsDecel=1

On 4/13/2023 at 12:38 AM, tigran9 said:

Awesome!

MCE is and stays the single best Addon for X-Plane and MSFS!

Thank you.

Are you on Ultimate Edition or MSFS (multiple plane) edition?

3 hours ago, FS++ said:

Thank you.

Are you on Ultimate Edition or MSFS (multiple plane) edition?

I'm using MCE XP for XP12

On 4/12/2023 at 5:53 PM, FS++ said:

[CALLOUTS]
80knots=0
100knots=1
V1=1
VR=1
PositiveRate=1
V2=1
TransitionAltitude=1
TenThousandClimbing=1
TenThousandDescending=0
TransitionLevel=0
OneThousandFinal=0
FiveHundredFinal=0
Minimums=1
60KnotsDecel=1

Are there options included to change the 60 knots decel to 80 knots and to supress speedbrake up and reverse green callouts?

2 hours ago, Nixoq said:

Are there options included to change the 60 knots decel to 80 knots and to supress speedbrake up and reverse green callouts?

No, only those listed, but others can be added if you or others wish it to be the case.

On 4/14/2023 at 11:55 PM, FS++ said:

No, only those listed, but others can be added if you or others wish it to be the case.

In that case, an 80 kts callout and the ability to suppress speedbrake and thrust reverser callouts would ne nice.

15 hours ago, Nixoq said:

In that case, an 80 kts callout and the ability to suppress speedbrake and thrust reverser callouts would ne nice.

I tend to agree.

My dream scenario would be to be able to EXACTLY choose which commands AND callouts are enabled. 

It's nice to be able to chat with you FO and the developers did an amazing job in regard of what's possible. 

But to be honest, 98 % of the flights all commands and callouts are pretty much the same and it's sometimes irritating to have your FO do sth or switch sth just because you cough or whatever^^ Also an advantage would be that similar commands wouldn't get mixed up like it sometimes happens.

So if there was an option e.g. to ONLY allow MCE to recognize Voxscript commands, customizability would be 100 %!

2 hours ago, tigran9 said:

I tend to agree.

My dream scenario would be to be able to EXACTLY choose which commands AND callouts are enabled. 

It's nice to be able to chat with you FO and the developers did an amazing job in regard of what's possible. 

But to be honest, 98 % of the flights all commands and callouts are pretty much the same and it's sometimes irritating to have your FO do sth or switch sth just because you cough or whatever^^ Also an advantage would be that similar commands wouldn't get mixed up like it sometimes happens.

So if there was an option e.g. to ONLY allow MCE to recognize Voxscript commands, customizability would be 100 %!

Simple.

In "General" tab of MCE UI, click <More options>.

In "Advanced options panel" enable option "Numlock mutes reco" (it is disabled by default due to the Demo. Someone toggling Numlock key would end-up with no speech reco at all).

Once enabled, toggle all MCE speech reco ON and OFF using that key.

On the same panel, you should see a button <Mute with joy>

Click it and you should be able to assign a joystick button to emulate toggling Numlock.

There is also the "Mike icon" in UI you could use, but that one requires a click which might be annoying. The joystick button will do the trick.

The reason I was asking for the above is that one airline does it that way and if it's not too much work it would be cool to be able to customize that.

What I agree with is that the F/O tends to be on the chatty side even with options like nagging disabled. On a go around e.g. I'll call for LNAV and then LVL CHG and clean maneuvering speed AND flaps 5 in rather quick succession and the F/O verbally confirms all of that in a pretty verbose way, like "okay LVL CHG available now" which is a lot of not strictly necessary chatter in a critical phase of flight which can make concentrating on flying the aircraft and giving commands more difficult.

20 hours ago, Nixoq said:

Before providing options to suppress them, I suggest you have a go at the latest patch

Replace 2 exe files

"Reverse green" and "speedbrake up" callouts should now work as expected with PMDG 737.

Not sure what you meant by 80 kts callout.

It applies only to Boeing types (enabled by default in 737), therefore won't apply to Airbus types, even if the option is enabled. The buses use the "100 knots" by default unless it's disabled.

Some planes like the JS41 have a 70 kts call-out on takeoff hard coded.

3 hours ago, FS++ said:

Before providing options to suppress them, I suggest you have a go at the latest patch

Replace 2 exe files

"Reverse green" and "speedbrake up" callouts should now work as expected with PMDG 737.

Not sure what you meant by 80 kts callout.

It applies only to Boeing types (enabled by default in 737), therefore won't apply to Airbus types, even if the option is enabled. The buses use the "100 knots" by default unless it's disabled.

Some planes like the JS41 have a 70 kts call-out on takeoff hard coded.

I re-installed the latest MCE from the website and applied the patch posted in the other thread a few days ago and the speedbrake and reverser callouts didn't work as expected IIRC. If this is a new patch I'll test it as soon as I can, thanks.

By 80 kts callout I meant having an 80 kts callouts on rollout after landing instead of the 60 kts callout.

4 hours ago, Nixoq said:

If this is a new patch I'll test it as soon as I can, thanks.

It is V3.0.3.5 and you don't even need to perform a full flight.

Start MSFS, PMDG 737 ready to takeoff with spoilers armed. Start MCE.

Initiate TOGA and at about 100 knots, abort take off using reverse thrust. Fo should pick-up reversers (if used), spoiler deployment and obviously 60 knots callout.

• Like 1