Sign in to follow this  
markgrinyer

MSFS no longer enters main menu

Hi

A few days a go MSFS stopped loading into the main menu. Nothing changed that I'm aware of, but right at the end of initial loading towards the main menu the program just hangs. I have tried using an empty community folder but the issue still happens. It's been happening since yesterday 11/04

Any advice?

Currently working my way through the PDMG catalogue, starting with the 777

Many Thanks. Mark

Rename your community folder (to community_ for example), let the sim start once more (it will create a new community folder). If it works, move addons from community_ to community one by one or in small groups and keep on testing until you find the culprit.

Sometimes it'll just work again out of the blue, sometimes this won't fix it and something else is going on.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Hi Nuno

I tried it after removing the community folder forcing it to create a new one. Just left it for a few hours and at some point it did load into the menu, then said something about graphics driver. So I'm updating that.

Can a weak internet connection cause issues with the last bit of the load into the main menu as well, as my internet has been appearing to play up since SU12

Many Thanks. Mark

Just a quick update. Updated drivers and it now takes about 15 mins to do the last bit before letting me into the menu

Many Thanks. Mark

4 minutes ago, markgrinyer said:

Just a quick update. Updated drivers and it now takes about 15 mins to do the last bit before letting me into the menu

You probably have 20Mbs internet speed.

sp

That's kind of odd... There's something going on and it doesn't seem to be related to the community folder in that case. Slow internet speed can make things move slower, but not going into the menu as there's only an update check at the start.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Skypilot - just ran a test and its 130mb. But when in the sim it keeps saying bandwidth too low (only since SU12). I'll try and do the test if it claims my bandwidth is too low again 

Nuno - Gets past the updates page no problem, just seems to hang on the last bit

• Like 1

Many Thanks. Mark

10 hours ago, markgrinyer said:

Hi Nuno

I tried it after removing the community folder forcing it to create a new one. Just left it for a few hours and at some point it did load into the menu, then said something about graphics driver. So I'm updating that.

Can a weak internet connection cause issues with the last bit of the load into the main menu as well, as my internet has been appearing to play up since SU12

New MSFS error in graphics - Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) - The AVSIM Community

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

The issue I've been having seems to have self resolved. Thanks for your time

Many Thanks. Mark