Sign in to follow this  
AS129 - Michael Johnson

Project Airbus A321 Winglets not showing on Delta A321

Hope I can get a question answered.  Downloaded the Project Airbus A321 base pack along with the Delta Air Lines standard livery and the "Thank You" livery.  When I go to fly in FSX, the winglets do not show up.  I get the winglets similar to what the American A321's have.  What did I do wrong during the install?

Edited by AS129 - Michael Johnson

Michael Johnson - AirSource Virtual Pilots Union
YouTube - SkzDaLimit Aviation Channel

PC Specs: Intel Core i7 12th Gen 12700KF 2.7GHz Processor | Microsoft Windows 11 Pro | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti 8GB GDDR6X | 32GB DDR4-3200 RAM | 1TB Solid State Drive | 10/100/1000 Network | 802.11ax Wireless | Bluetooth 5.1 | AIO Liquid ML 240L RGB Cooler

What download did you use?  What does the thumbnail show for the jet you are flying and is it different from the actual aircraft?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

2 hours ago, charliearon said:

What download did you use?  What does the thumbnail show for the jet you are flying and is it different from the actual aircraft?

I used the base pack pa321_base_pack_fsx.zip and the Thank You livery pa_a321_dl_thankyou.zip from the AVSim library.  Thumbnail shows the winglets and I also checked and saw there were "sharklet" bmp files in the texture folder.  I am totally stumped.

PC Specs: Intel Core i7 12th Gen 12700KF 2.7GHz Processor | Microsoft Windows 11 Pro | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti 8GB GDDR6X | 32GB DDR4-3200 RAM | 1TB Solid State Drive | 10/100/1000 Network | 802.11ax Wireless | Bluetooth 5.1 | AIO Liquid ML 240L RGB Cooler

The  Project Airbus download may not be giving you the proper model for that Thank You livery.  Try this download from the library that includes the model with it.  a321xcyp.zip (in the AVSIM Library).

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

7 hours ago, charliearon said:

The  Project Airbus download may not be giving you the proper model for that Thank You livery.  Try this download from the library that includes the model with it.  a321xcyp.zip (in the AVSIM Library).

That didn't work either.  No winglets and the tail/rudder and engines are colored black.

BUT:  On a whim, I tried the model from the file paa321dal_335119.zip from the library and that solved the winglet issue.  Thanks for helping solve this!

Corrections
  • Upvote 1