Sign in to follow this  
jcuellar

KJFK traffic freezes and then CTD

Hi,

I'm having serious issues at JFK, Inibuilds and Asobo's stock scenery. Before injecting traffic I can move my drone camera to any part of the airport without problems, but after 2 or 3 minutes traffic has been injected and starts the show, suddenly freezes and 30 seconds later CTD.

I reinstalled AIG and FSLTL, not sure what is going on, but this issue starded since Version 36.2.1. I tested in KLAX, KPHX, KLAS and EGLL, everything working great at this mayor airports, just KJFK has the freezing and CTD issue.

My system:

• Ryzen 9 5900X
  • 64 GB Ram
  • RTX 3090
  • Windows 11
  • AIG & FSLTL full install

I'm the only one?

Hi,

With the new Version 36.3.0 seems to be working good. Maybe something in the DB was broken. At this point no freezing or CTD at KJFK.

Greeting from Mexico

Jaime

I wrote too early, after 30 min spotting at JFK traffic started to disappear and sometimes flashing, then the sim freezes and CTD, this is just happening at this airport with PSXT + RT.

Edited by jcuellar

Maybe the same problem as the flashing lights problem? Too many objects...? Are you using GSX?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kiek said:

Maybe the same problem as the flashing lights problem? Too many objects...? Are you using GSX?

Hi,

No, I'm not using GSX just the AIG, FSLTL and FS Traffic (just the base models).

JFK is pretty much heavy area, so there are lot of variables should be considered in both sim and PSXT. For this area I use TDL 140 and PSXT auto range with 10miles max radius for AI spotting while on the ground. The same approach I'm using for nearby DD KEWR. I have old 9900k@5.0, 2080Ti and 32GB RAM. Using DX11 mode (DX12 might be a source of your problem as well)

• Like 1

16 hours ago, G-YMML1 said:

JFK is pretty much heavy area, so there are lot of variables should be considered in both sim and PSXT. For this area I use TDL 140 and PSXT auto range with 10miles max radius for AI spotting while on the ground. The same approach I'm using for nearby DD KEWR. I have old 9900k@5.0, 2080Ti and 32GB RAM. Using DX11 mode (DX12 might be a source of your problem as well)

Yeah, I will try disabling many bells and whistles and test.

Thanks for the tip.

I think that made the trick, thank you both @G-YMML1 and @kiek.

I reduced most of the bells & whisltes graphics for JFK scenery. I'm using DX11. The excesive sim objects freezes the sim and then CTD.

I think I ran in the same problem yesterday with KDEN. PSXT/RT had been showing one of its best showcases with 35 live and 40 static planes on the ground and plenty of others in the vicinity. Then I noticed that sound in my headphones began to crackle and within 10 min I gout my first CTD in 7 months.

Apparently, the only solution for large airports is the reduce a percentage of static planes. 

7 hours ago, G-YMML1 said:

Apparently, the only solution for large airports is the reduce a percentage of static planes. 

No, there are other better options. Static planes do not need a simconnect position update at each frame so they are much less stressful for Simconnect then live aircraft. It is therefore better to reduce the lateral range to 8 nm when on the ground at an airport.

But even better is to reduce the number of objects created by other programs then PSXT,.

Or, the easiest way, to not set all your sliders at Ultra and to reduce your Lod.

• Like 1

On 5/25/2023 at 3:13 PM, kiek said:

No, there are other better options. Static planes do not need a simconnect position update at each frame so they are much less stressful for Simconnect then live aircraft. It is therefore better to reduce the lateral range to 8 nm when on the ground at an airport.

But even better is to reduce the number of objects created by other programs then PSXT,.

Or, the easiest way, to not set all your sliders at Ultra and to reduce your Lod.

I'm just curious whether limitation on a number of objects.. is it an issue with my hardware and getting better CPU/GPU combo would help me to inject more objects/AI planes into the sim....OR it's merely a limit of Simconnect and investments in hardware would not help?

2 hours ago, G-YMML1 said:

OR it's merely a limit of Simconnect and investments in hardware would not help?

That's it.

• Like 1