Sign in to follow this  
Kevlar01

Spoiler Axis Not Working for PMDG 737 w LAAO

Hello, I'm just starting out with LAAO (already found many features that I really like!) however when trying to create an LAAO template for the PMDG 737's using my HC Bravo quadrant I'm finding I can't get the spoiler (or speed brake if you prefer) axis to work correctly if at all.  I'm not trying to do anything fancy or complicated with detents, etc.,,,I just want it to reflect that moving the HC Bravo spoiler lever through it's full range will be reflected by the virtual lever in the PMDG cockpit moving through it's whole range.  I've tried the SPOILER HANDLE (axis) and AXIS_SPOILER_SEt (event) assignments in LAAO but they don't work no matter what parameters I use.  the flap lever on the HC Bravo works perfectly with the AXIS_FLAPS_SEt assignment with no issues so I can't figure out why the spoiler axis isn't working as well.

I can easily get the spoiler axis to work normally in FSUIPC7 and in the base MSFS control assignments without any tweaking or fuss, so I don't think there's anything "broken" with my sim or HW setup.  I would prefer to have everything assigned in LAAO so I have a single app and  profile for each type of aircraft which is the whole point of having it.

Is there something basic I'm missing here?  Appreciate any insight you can provide.

Cheers, Kevin.

Kevin S

Not sure.

I am using the AXIS_SPOILER_SET Event, with Axis Min -16383 and Axis Max 16383.

MSFS prefers the Events (second box from the top, flight control events are duplicted in the very first group for convenience) over the Axis variables most of the time.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Hello, thanks for the reply.  Okay manually editing the axis info as you described above did finally get it to work.  I thought I tried something like that but maybe not with those values.

Anyway thanks again for the quick response and support!!

Kevin

Kevin S