Sign in to follow this  
Rhinozherous

How to use Bvars from Guensilis AAO script?

Hello!

First and foremost: I am not a programmer, please be nice to me in terms of setup instructions!

I trie to use the BVars from Guensilis King Air scripts. (I want to use the condition lever assignments and alt preselect)

In the comments to the script there is an answer from him that says "You have to make sure to have the AAO InGame/FIP Panel enabled"

Here is where I am stuck... I have the AAO symbol inside MSFS and it has a white border - so I think it is active. In AAO I have a checkmark in the "Gauges" menu at App/Web Windows.

What else should I do to get these BVars running? I tried it with the AAOs manual, but it confuses me more than it helps I have to say 😋

Thank you very much!

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

1 hour ago, Rhinozherous said:

In AAO I have a checkmark in the "Gauges" menu at App/Web Windows.

Why? That has nothing to do with the InGame panel.

1 hour ago, Rhinozherous said:

I have the AAO symbol inside MSFS and it has a white border - so I think it is active.

Then the BVars should work. Nothing else is required (Except AAO being started with the "Run as Administrator" option). When the InGame panel is active but in trouble, it would display a red border in the sim. So you can't really go wrong there.

How certain are you that it is active? Did you actually open that panel? Can you post a screenshot of what it looks like? 

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

14 minutes ago, Lorby_SI said:

Why? That has nothing to do with the InGame panel.

For some reason I thought it has to. 

I just tried again and the condition levers work now!

I did not get the alt preselector to work but it seems Guensili has not included it in his script. Nothing to do with Bvars it seems. 

Thank you very much for clarification! 

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

37 minutes ago, Rhinozherous said:

For some reason I thought it has to. 

Not at all. At least not for this.

The real purpose of the InGame panel is to display the AAO WebFIP gauges in the simulator. That is useful for example when you are in VR and want to display Funatic's X-Touch gauge. 
So if you want to do that, you have to turn on the Web FIPs option in the Gauges menu and then select Web FIPs to be displayed.
For the BVars none of this is required.

Edited by Lorby_SI
  • Upvote 1

LORBY-SI