Sign in to follow this  
remilton

A problem with FPS on third party aircraft

Hi all I am just wondering if anyone may offer any suggestions for this problem. I am using the LODRADIUS command in my CFG and its set to 9.0 for sharper imagery, so far so good and it looks much better. If I used the planes bundled with FSX there is no problem whatsoever when switching views (fps usually 60-100). If I use a third party aircraft the FPS will remain good in virtual cockpit mode, but as soon as I switch to any exterior view it will drop to about 15 fps. One possible problem from researching the subject is a duplicate BGL file somewhere? It seems strange that all the FSX aircraft run flwlessly but as soon as I use any 3rd party aircraft the FPS dies horribly on an exterior view. The only real addons I use are Generation X scenery.One annomaly I noticed is the rotors on the MH-6C I fly appear behind the layer of the clouds, as if the clouds are a higher priority? Well and truly flummoxed, if I can find what the problem is I will be a very happy man as I like to keep the LOD RADIUS to a high setting.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I'm having problems where I merge 3rd party aircraft with default panels. It seems the FPS drops significantly when I'm in 2D panel mode.

The usual suspect is a graphics driver needs to be updated. However, given the fact that the default aircraft run properly, it leads me to believe that a change to one of the FSX system files is causing the issue. Do you have the Level-D 767 installed?Regards,Jim Karn

Hi Jim. At the moment I just have the MH-6C and a Foxbat which are freeware. I have had a few other aircraft installed in the past like the Cessna C150 but haven't had the 767 installed that you mentioned.I think for now I will just go back to the old LOD setting of 4.5, failing that I might consider doing a full reinstall of FSX just to clear out any old gremlins that might be floating around. Thanks again anyway.

i'm having the same problem, i got the payware Wilco Airbus Series 1, and i'm getting horrible fps with the addon aircraft, 10-15 fps where the original aircraft i get up to 40-50fps, its even worse when i tried with Commercial Level airbus addons i did a fresh install got the latest ATI drivers etc. but still no luck :(is it the actual addon maybe more graphic intensive? since the model looks much sharper and in detail.

I don't have the Level-D 767 installed, and my drivers are fully up-to-date as well. I can't figure out what the problem is, but there definitely is something wrong. This is virtually a clean install except for the 3rd-party aircraft.

is it the actual addon maybe more graphic intensive? since the model looks much sharper and in detail.Probably has something to do with it but that much of a decrease would seem to indicate a problem somewhere. Are your frame rates locked at a reasonable number for your system?Regards,Jim Karn

Have you tried to backup then delete your fsx.cfg? Maybe there's a line or two that have changed and causing you this grief.Regards,Jim Karn