Sign in to follow this  
polosim

Skalarki Hardware working in. MSFS2020 & FenixA320

spacer.png

Allows use of all Skalarki hardware to communicate with

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020

Comes with full Flybywire A32NX integration.

Features:

- Auto-Connection

- Runs in Background

- Minimizes to Tray

- Automatically syncs hardware to simulator

Additional planes sold separately (Be Sure to sign up to our mailing list to get updates on new profile releases!)

Driver is available now :

https://secure.simmarket.com/de-flight-skalarki-standalone-driver-msfs.phtml

And if you need to use it with the Fenix A320, you have to acquire the license for this specific plane. Keep in mind that all addon planes are licensed for a year, after 1 year a new license must be purchased.

https://secure.simmarket.com/de-flight-skalarki-sa-driver-fenix-a320-add-on-msfs.phtml

• Like 1

Wow I’d love to hear from anyone that has tried the Fenix license, this would be a game changer if it works well as my Skalarki gear is just collecting dust right now.

Are both an annual license or is the standalone driver a one time purchase?

Edited by regis9

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

3 hours ago, regis9 said:

Are both an annual license or is the standalone driver a one time purchase?

Good question!.

As far as I understand, the Standalone Driver is one-time purchase, but I could be wrong.

I was under the impression that hardware (other than joystick and TQ) could not be coupled with the Fenix A320 due to license restrictions from ProSim.  Has that changed?  If so, can hardware for other manufacturers also be made compatible with the Fenix A320? 

53 minutes ago, polosim said:

Good question!.

As far as I understand, the Standalone Driver is one-time purchase, but I could be wrong.

Having read it again it looks like you’re right, the driver is one time only.

6 minutes ago, pilotwannabe said:

I was under the impression that hardware (other than joystick and TQ) could not be coupled with the Fenix A320 due to license restrictions from ProSim.  Has that changed?  If so, can hardware for other manufacturers also be made compatible with the Fenix A320? 

Nothing has changed that I know of, I would assume this dev found a workaround.  My only concern would be if Fenix were to change something to eliminate the workaround given there could be license concerns for them.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

16 minutes ago, regis9 said:

My only concern would be if Fenix were to change something to eliminate the workaround given there could be license concerns for them.

There is no cheating in this, everything is official. We will hear more information about this at the Flight Expo 2023 next month

• Like 1

Oooh ok that’s exciting to hear!

Dave

I went ahead and bought both of these and WOW!  This is such an amazing surprise, I really didn’t think we’d ever get Skalarki support for the Fenix.  I’m happily cruising along on my first flight using my MCDU and FCU and everything is working great!  I won’t likely be flying anything other than the Fenix for a while now lol.  Thanks for the heads up!

• Like 1

Dave

16 hours ago, regis9 said:

I went ahead and bought both of these and WOW!  This is such an amazing surprise, I really didn’t think we’d ever get Skalarki support for the Fenix.  I’m happily cruising along on my first flight using my MCDU and FCU and everything is working great!  I won’t likely be flying anything other than the Fenix for a while now lol.  Thanks for the heads up!

Hi Dave,

I read you use the FCU & MCDU from Skalarki - is this the setup you use?

https://skalarki-electronics.com/de/onlineshop/product/desktopline-fcu.html

https://skalarki-electronics.com/de/onlineshop/product/desktopline-mcdu.html

If I understood everything correctly, I need in addition:

once: https://de-flight.com/products/skalarki-standalone-driver

yearly subscription: https://de-flight.com/products/fenixaddon

Thanks for your help.

Patrick

Hi Patrick, correct on the software.

The description on my Skalarki invoice shows 

Desktop Line - MCDU: WARM WHITE (15V PSU)

Desktop Line - FCU PROVersion: WARM WHITE (15V PSU)

Dave

52 minutes ago, regis9 said:

Hi Patrick, correct on the software.

The description on my Skalarki invoice shows 

Desktop Line - MCDU: WARM WHITE (15V PSU)

Desktop Line - FCU PROVersion: WARM WHITE (15V PSU)

Many many thanks. I have ordered the MCDU:-). 

Edited by skippie2
  • Like 1

Enjoy!  I can't explain how happy I am getting to use this hardware again, it adds so much immersion and makes the aircraft easier to fly too without having to use the mouse for the MDCU and FCU.

Dave

On 5/24/2023 at 3:08 AM, regis9 said:

Enjoy!  I can't explain how happy I am getting to use this hardware again, it adds so much immersion and makes the aircraft easier to fly too without having to use the mouse for the MDCU and FCU.

Does your MCDU still work with the fenix Addon?

In their Discord Forum DE-Flight stated:

@everyone Sorry to deliver such news.  But we are still in negotiations with Fenix to allow us to control their plane.  Due to this we will honor their request and remove the sale of the Fenix-Addon for the time being.  Stay tuned for any details in the future.  I do encourage anyone that is interested in this product or have purchased it to reach out to them petitioning that we continue development of this product.  Thank you for your understanding.

I‘m not sure whether the usage of their software requires a steady connection to any server which now affect already existing licenses also, means you can not use the fenix independent you have a license

Thanks

Ugh, I hate to say I saw this coming, but...

On 5/22/2023 at 3:03 PM, regis9 said:

My only concern would be if Fenix were to change something to eliminate the workaround given there could be license concerns for them.

I'm heading to bed now but will check to see everything is still working in the morning.  Hopefully at minimum I have a year of enjoying my hardware since I bought the license.

• Like 1

Dave

I can confirm that the Fenix license I bought is still working.

I have to say this latest development is disappointing, since it seemed like this was all done in collaboration with Fenix (or at least with their knowledge).  Part of me thought it did seem too good to be true.

Hopefully something can be worked out, but I'm not optimistic given Fenix has said in the past that hardware integration is largely outside their control.  The vendor they license a lot of their code from (Prosim?) mistakenly thinks allowing someone like me to use a couple pieces of hardware is competing with their core product which is expensive and focused on those with full cockpit setups.  Unless I win the lottery and can have multiple cockpit setups I'm never going to own a full flightsim cockpit and would never have a reason to be a Prosim customer.

Anyway, I'll enjoy the year I have and see where it goes...glad I resisted to urge to buy additional Skalarki items.

Dave