Sign in to follow this  
FlyingsCool

Old Gauges

Guest deanceran

I recently downloaded a Bellanca Scout package from this site in an effort to backup my Google Earth searches for aviator Steve Fossett.I first added it to my FS2004, then moved the file into the correct directory for airplanes in my FSX folder. Then I took the gauges and moved them to the FSX gauges folder.The result was only a few of the gauges work, and some don't. When I load that plane it mentions that the files is previous to version 98 and doesn't support them.I tried editing the .gau files, opening them at .txt files in Word and deleting a character then adding it back again to get a more recent date, but it didn't do the trick.I'd like to have all the gauges working. Can anyone help?Thanks.---Dean Ceran

FS98 era gauges will not work in FSX. You will need to replace them with FSX compatible gauges. You can use default FSX gauges or gauges from a third party aircraft.Open the panel cfg, found in the panel folder, and copy and replace the entire gauge name from the good aircraft into the panel cfg of your Bellanca. Do not change the location numbers at the end of the line. These numbers (234, 567, 85,85) tell FSX where on the panel to put the gauge and its size. You can do the same thing with the VC. However, if the replacement gauge isn't the same size and type, it may not fit correctly.You can also purchase the RealAir Scout package, if you want an exceptional FSX aircraft with working gauges.Good luck. I hope this helps you.

John
My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II
AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz, 32 GB DDR5 RAM - 3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

If it's similar in style, you can just play with the size of the gauge in the panel.cfg file. The four numbers after the name of the gauge are position x, position y, size x, size yJust fool around with the numbers in the file and reload the airplane and you'll get what I mean.It's easiest to do this if you map a key to the reload airplane command (I don't remember exactly what it's called). I mapped Ctrl-Shift-P to it.Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)N15802 KASH '73 Piper Cherokee Challenger 180

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg