Sign in to follow this  
toby23

Pilot2ATC cannot file flight due to altitude restriction

Using High IFR airways, the airway UJ10 has an altitude restriction is FL200.

Using Low IFR airways, the airway UJ10 has an altitude restriction of FL090.

Pilot2ATC only sees the High IFR airway altitude restriction and will not let me 'File' the flight as my planned altitude is too low as I am using Low IFR airways.

How can I tell Pilot2ATC that I am flying on Low IFR airways?

'Ignore Airway Altitude Restrictions' is selected in Pilot2ATC settings.

N.B. The only way that I have found to get around this is to add the specific waypoint 'again' before the waypoint with the altitude restriction. This removes the Altitude Restriction in Pilot2ATC and allows you to file the flight.

High-IFR.jpg

low-IFR.jpg

aiwrwaysettings.jpg

Edited by toby23

Ryzen 5800X3D, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, Windows 10

Sent 🙂

Turns out the Navigraph data for P2A only has Airway UJ10 as a Hi Airway with a floor of 20000.  But a bug in P2A was not honoring the Ignore Airway Altitude Restrictions option.  That is now fixed in 2.7.0.0 Beta 1A, and you should be able to file the plan with that option checked.

Dave

That's great news. I am not looking for bugs intentionally 🙂

Will this fix all occurences of this bug, as in the second example that I sent to you?

The other one you sent had no airways or procedures, so no altitude restrictions in it.  And that one filed just fine.

If you find another one that won't file with the Beta 1A, please use the Save button to save it to a .vbf file and send that to me.  It will retain more of the original FltPlan data than a .pln file.

On the second flightplan, if you check the waypoint MUVEN, that has an altitude restriction of FL210 on UJ12 on the High Airway and FL130 on the V5 Low Airway. The waypoint is on both airways.

Maybe you sent the wrong plan.  The one with waypoint MUVEN has no airways.

If you find it, give it a try and see if it works with the new update.  If not, please Save the plan and send me the .vbf file.

Dave

Then the fix should work.  Unfortunately, the flight plan you sent included the waypoint, but not the Airway, so the restriction was not there.  If it doesn't work, let me know.

Dave

My mistake, the restriction was on the SID. The waypoint is also on two airways but as they have different names, I imagine Pilot2ATC can discern the difference.

Thanks as always Dave.
Toby

sid.jpg

low.jpg

high.jpg