Sign in to follow this  
Burge

xpak mce V 3.0.3.8 msfs2020

uninstall old version with control panel Install new version V 3.0.3.8 done the steps with headset and all that run msfs  error looking for xpak were i unzip it to

I am mce ultimate edition register user so i gave it one more try this what i got

The Feature you are trying to use is on a network resource is unavailable

No valid source could be found for product

i run one computer i dont know about network  i am a newbie to this stuff.

MCE been running fine till now

cheers barry

Edited by Burge
more info

46 minutes ago, Burge said:

uninstall old version with control panel Install new version V 3.0.3.8 done the steps with headset and all that run msfs  error looking for xpak were i unzip it to

I am mce ultimate edition register user so i gave it one more try this what i got

The Feature you are trying to use is on a network resource is unavailable

No valid source could be found for product

i run one computer i dont know about network  i am a newbie to this stuff

cheers barry

This sort of issue happened to you some time ago as found in other thread.

It could be a C drive corruption, or it's trying to install an older package.

Go to Windows Explorer, right-click C drive and select "properties". Select "Tools" tab and run a disl check.

Go to your "Downloads " folder and delete all previously downloaded MCE packages.

Re-download latest version: http://www.multicrewxp.com/Downloads.html

Do NOT select "Open" when clicking the download link.

First select "Save" and wait until the whole file has downloaded.

Double click downloaed file and it should start self extraction. When it's done, just run "InstallMCE".

C drive no corruption when i load in fltsim wait for 2 or 3 min run mce  and it wants to install  from were i unzip it from e\download

if you run mce from desktop this is what i get

1 run this e4ed763.msi

2 please wait while windows config mce

3 failed to load marshall.dll Reinstall and try again

its not there because i unzip it install it  and got rid of it  up till now mce been running fine i have not mess with nothing just doing my flows in my doc.

Edited by Burge

6 hours ago, Burge said:

C drive no corruption when i load in fltsim wait for 2 or 3 min run mce  and it wants to install  from were i unzip it from e\download

if you run mce from desktop this is what i get

1 run this e4ed763.msi

2 please wait while windows config mce

3 failed to load marshall.dll Reinstall and try again

its not there because i unzip it install it  and got rid of it  up till now mce been running fine i have not mess with nothing just doing my flows in my doc.

Only possible explanaton for this, your anti-virus is "eating" files in |Multi Crew Experience\ installation folder which causes the installer to kick-in trying to restore the missing files. Tell your AV to trust files in that folder and go to the Vault to restore those it quarantined. Which AV are you using?

Microsoft windows 10

Your wright Gerald its my AV i went to Protection history

This program is dangerous and executes commands from an attacker.

AFFECTED ITEMS

file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Multi Crew Experience\filename.dll (edited name)

I turned AV off Reinstalled mce once installed i turned AV back on  run mce THREAT remove or restore

i restore filename.dll after that run mce no error now its letting me do steps 1 to 10 in mce.

Bloody hell did not think it was  win 10 AV mate

cheers

Edited by FS++

1 hour ago, Burge said:

Microsoft windows 10

Your wright Gerald its my AV i went to Protection history

This program is dangerous and executes commands from an attacker.

AFFECTED ITEMS

file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Multi Crew Experience\filename.dll

I turned AV off Reinstalled mce once installed i turned AV back on  run mce THREAT remove or restore

i restore marshall.dll after that run mce no error now its letting me do steps 1 to 10 in mce.

Bloody hell did not think it was  win 10 AV mate

cheers

These days,some AV programs, particularly the free ones take pleasure in flagging any file that is protected against reverse engineering (they cannot analyze it) as potential malware, even though the files are digitally signed.

They try to impress you with false positives because if they keep quiet for a long time, their suitability is in doubt.

We do care about the likes of Microsoft, Norton, AVG  and a few other serious AV packages and these usually don't complain.

But it's impossible to satisfy all of them. There are at least 70 of them out there.

Just curious, which AV was it?

Edited by FS++

Just the stock standed  AV that came with windows 10 mate i am not running any free ones and have not perchase any AV

just letting you know Gerald fired up fltsim started mce A ok back to normal

thanks for the tip on AV mate it has givin me hell

cheers  from Captain Barry

3 hours ago, Burge said:

Just the stock standed  AV that came with windows 10 mate i am not running any free ones and have not perchase any AV

just letting you know Gerald fired up fltsim started mce A ok back to normal

thanks for the tip on AV mate it has givin me hell

cheers  from Captain Barry

Ah OK, this will need to be addressed by generating a new file and re-uploading new package.

Incidentally, it's one of the reasons sometimes the Demo goes offline. A simple thing like that can ruin it and needs to be pulled until a file is replaced.

In the past, it was 2 other files that were occasionally flagged. Since then AVs seem to be familiar with those and now this :-((

Bloody hell!

Edited by FS++