Sign in to follow this  
UrgentSiesta

Any news on the pending F-4 Phantom from LR?

Haven't seen any mentions of it in awhile, and Austin said he wanted it out shortly after the first few releases...

Also, anyone know if LR will ever activate the DLC/Direct Lift Control on the Tomcat?

14 hours ago, UrgentSiesta said:

Also, anyone know if LR will ever activate the DLC/Direct Lift Control on the Tomcat?

Not likely.

2 hours ago, JGregory said:

Not likely.

Thanks for the info.

A shame because it seems like much/most of the work is already done, and it adds a lot to the landing experience.

Maybe with 12.10? Although I don't hope for a lot, considering the default Tomcat is a bit....meh.

Edited by Bjoern

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

56 minutes ago, Bjoern said:

Maybe with 12.10? Although I don't hope for a lot, considering the default Tomcat is a bit....meh.

Not sure - I was just going off Austin's statement that he hoped to have it out in 12.2-ish. Totally understand that there are other priorities 😉

I honestly think the Tomcat is one of the best mil jets in the sim. I'd rather fly it than most of the payware from v11, by far.

The v11 mil jets are slowly being upgraded, so we'll see if my current preference continues. 

But in any case, LR's Tomcat is certainly worth way more than I paid for it 🙂

Edited by UrgentSiesta

On 6/13/2023 at 7:46 PM, UrgentSiesta said:

Not sure - I was just going off Austin's statement that he hoped to have it out in 12.2-ish. Totally understand that there are other priorities 😉

I honestly think the Tomcat is one of the best mil jets in the sim. I'd rather fly it than most of the payware from v11, by far.

The v11 mil jets are slowly being upgraded, so we'll see if my current preference continues. 

But in any case, LR's Tomcat is certainly worth way more than I paid for it 🙂

Sounds like the F-4 is also in for a thorough modeling overhaul then. So far, I thought it was just touch-ups and a flight model rebuild.

What I don't like about the F-14, or most default aircraft for that matter, is that not all switches in the cockpit are operational. "Operational" in the sense of "no function, but at least clickable and animated", as this would enable third parties to simply add any missing or simplified systems code without having to rebuild all interactive cockpit elements from scratch (see Zibo's 737).

Fair enough about the price tag though. Could be way worse. At least XP's default aircraft look and sound good.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

19 hours ago, Bjoern said:

Sounds like the F-4 is also in for a thorough modeling overhaul then. So far, I thought it was just touch-ups and a flight model rebuild.

He briefly spoke about it in one of his lengthy videos (IIRC it was the one where he was explaining aerodynamic changes). It sounded like it's not the legacy Default warmed over but something far more substantial.

• Upvote 1