Sign in to follow this  
ayousry

MCE 3.0.39 issue

this is a list of issues i found with fenix a320:

1-'wipers on', activates egpws test too at least on ground

2-'start apu', fo replies'already on' when its off

3-'takeoff spds, positive climb' callouts is hit and miss , when using flex at least

4-during acceleration after takeoff with flaps 2, 'flaps one' , fo replies 'flaps one' and does nothing

5-FO cant set hdg correctly if ordered to do so during a turn

ill keep reporting when i find other issues

• Like 1

On 7/9/2023 at 8:41 AM, ayousry said:

3-'takeoff spds, positive climb' callouts is hit and miss , when using flex at least

4-during acceleration after takeoff with flaps 2, 'flaps one' , fo replies 'flaps one' and does nothing

Get this patch

Manually replace 2 files inside MCE installation folder.

Anyone on older Ultimate Edition version than V3.0.4.1, you need to install the latest package first

http://www.multicrewxp.com/Downloads.html

Those on aircraft specific packages, please wait for your relevant package to be updated later this month.

Regarding Fenix A320...

Please don't start asking Fo to perform things until you have seen the "arm salute" (raising and lowering of his seat left arm), indicating he has worked out all the variables he needs to monitor. This happens approximately 30 to 45 seconds after the MCE UI is showing.

Edited by FS++

On 7/11/2023 at 7:22 PM, FS++ said:

Get this patch

Manually replace 2 files inside MCE installation folder.

Anyone on older Ultimate Edition version than V3.0.4.1, you need to install the latest package first

Those on aircraft specific packages, please wait for your relevant package to be updated later this month.

Regarding Fenix A320...

Please don't start asking Fo to perform things until you have seen the "arm salute" (raising and lowering of his seat left arm), indicating he has worked out all the variables he needs to monitor. This happens approximately 30 to 45 seconds after the MCE UI is showing.

i tried the patch and still experiencing same issues except for the APU its now working correctly

thanks

On 7/22/2023 at 9:02 PM, ayousry said:

i tried the patch and still experiencing same issues except for the APU its now working correctly

thanks

Sorry, not clear.

APU control not working or the other stuff? Thanks

19 hours ago, ayousry said:

Other stuff not working 

thanks

Grab latest patch

Proceed as follows.

Start Fenix A320 with ready for takeoff state.

Set random values in FC for SPD, HDG, ALT and VS

Start MCE, wait until things settle, then perform a quick takeoff and quit the sim.

There should be a "Simco64_Ldr.log" in C:\Users\your_user_name\AppData\Roaming\Multi Crew Experience\ folder.

The log should have a line displaying SPD, HDG, ALT and VS values. Make sure they are what the FCU was displaying when MCE started. It's not updated

Should also see various lines showing throttle lever values. Mostly interested in the ones reported on takeoff. Those above 10000

No need to post the entire log. Just those lines.

On 7/9/2023 at 8:41 AM, ayousry said:

Changes were made to ensure throttle lever position is always reported correctly by tapping into a separate variable. If one of them doesn't update in a timely manner, the other one will.

I suggest you download the very latest V3.0.5.3 (website doesn't list the correct version).

In addition to Fenix A320 fix, new package provides voice control for Asobo ATR.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ayousry said:

it starts one time and stuck at 'trying to connect to fs' ten

Rather than use the patch, install latet package (uploaded a few days ago) available from website. The version is higher tan what is shown on website.

Edited by FS++

i did as adviced and installed latest package, now when i double click MCE nothing happens most of the time

9 hours ago, ayousry said:

i did as adviced and installed latest package, now when i double click MCE nothing happens most of the time

I suggest the following...

Un-install MCE via Windows Control Panel.

Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Multi Crew Experience\ folder and check that only your license.key file is there as well as <Voices> folder if you downloaded and installed additional human recorded voice packs.

Re-install MCE to that default folder and check your anti-virus isn't "eating" mce.exe.

The key will only unlock a specific machine ID. The one you submited and got a key for.

Yours should start with 7EBA......

If it's anything else, MCE will abort on startup. In that case, please contact support so we can get you up and running.

A new package will be uploaded tomorrow. However, there are no reports of such failures with current package (V3.0.5.4).

• Like 1

Much better now many thanks

although some issues still exists:

1-ordering flaps one from flaps 2 position is a hit and miss 

2-PWS on and auto is not recognized when applying taxi chk

3-Start APU order (fo still thinks its running when actually its off)

4-during app many times FO doesnt recognize “flaps full “ call and replies and excutes“flaps one” instead 

5-ordering “alt std” the fo sets alt std then back to current qnh(he just recycles it)

and a question

what is the correct call to the mechanic if i want to pushback using GSX 

thanks

Edited by ayousry
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ayousry said:

1-ordering flaps one from flaps 2 position is a hit and miss 

3-Start APU order (fo still thinks its running when actually its off)

4-during app many times FO doesnt recognize “flaps full “ call and replies and excutes“flaps one” instead 

5-ordering “alt std” the fo sets alt std then back to current qnh(he just recycles it)

and a question

what is the correct call to the mechanic if i want to pushback using GSX 

thanks

Indeed, automatic flight phase detection is vital.

1- This has been reported in another thread and happening followng takeoff. We'll see how it goes with upcoming patch.

2- Try replying "on" (when it's on) or "off" when it's Off. The assumption is that the CL line has "PWS" or "P W S". He can definitely read the state. NExt update will accept "Auto" as on.

3- Unble to replicate

4 - Speech grammar will be checked

5 - There are no variable "Std1IsSet" or"Std2IsSet" as is the case with some other planes, therefore, FO can only toggle these items.

Built-in commands.for push

Ground  are you ready for push (this one is optional and give mechanic opportunity to close cargo doors, remove chocks and eventually report if something not completed yet)

ground begin pushback

ground push back left

ground pushback right.

Feel free to create a custom command and tie it to one of the above so you won't have to hesitate as to what to say.

Assuming GSX is installed, MCE should then automatically transfer you to GSX pushback.

If you use option "Kepp mech on push" in "Advanced options" panel, MCE mechanic should remain with you until you tell him to disconnect. At least that's how it should work 🙂

• Like 1

On 8/19/2023 at 3:14 PM, ayousry said:

Above should be addressed in a patch that was posted late yesterday.

Since this thread relates to an older version, I suggest you post pending issues with Fenix A320 on the thread above. Thanks

• Like 1