Sign in to follow this  
kmanning

Where is This Setting in FS2Crew For the Fly the Maddog X

I've posted a few years back regarding getting the FO to switch on the auto-throttle switch at take-off using the FS2Crew in the Fly the Maddog X. In the real world, the FO switches on the auto-throttle switch a few seconds after the pilot advances the throttles. There was a configuration or INI File that allowed me to add that advent to the configuration or INI, and I cannot find it anywhere. Even the manual does not  mention how to do this and where the file is located. I don't know why I cannot find it. That advent was added to the FS2Crew INI or Config file and I can't find it. Where is it?

Ken.

Edited by kmanning

FS2Crew has no such configuration option.  There's no Ini file for such a thing.

There's a voice command to turn on the autothrottle, but nothing to make the FO do it by himself.

Turning on the autothrottle is the Capt / PF's job.

6 hours ago, byork said:

FS2Crew has no such configuration option.  There's no Ini file for such a thing.

There's a voice command to turn on the autothrottle, but nothing to make the FO do it by himself.

Turning on the autothrottle is the Capt / PF's job.

Yes, there IS an ini file that allows you to have the FO to turn on the auto-throttle switch using the button command, and I think I finally found it. In Windows 10, the ini file is found in C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\FS2Crew2010\Versions\MadDogRB\SavedData. The name of the ini file is FS2CrewData1.ini.

You change Autothrust=0 to Autothrust=1 That allows the FO to turn on the auto-throttle switch a few seconds after you, as the captain, advances the throttles. In most videos I've seen, that is how it's done. I don't understand why you don't know that, or remember that, and you were the one that posted this option on Avsim a few years ago when I asked this question. You made that possible in the ini file. I've tried it and it works. I very well remember you made that option possible in the ini file.

Ken.

Edited by kmanning