Sign in to follow this  
Mace

AI questions -- please affirm (or correct) my thoughts

My goal is to have real-world schedules without losing the boat traffic in FSX. Am I missing anything (or doing anything hinky) in these steps?1. Decompile FS9 .bgl file using AIFPC.2. Recompile in FSX format using AIFPC.3. Copy aircraft from FS9 over to FSX SimObjects/Airplanes folder.4. (Optional) Add appropriate exit points to facilitate vehicle traffic at the gate.That seems too simple.Also, once I get a large enough real world AI representation, I want to nuke the stock AI. If possible, I'd like to eliminate only the big iron, and leave the general aviation as is. Is there some file manipulation I can do to accomplish this?Thanks for your help!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>My goal is to have real-world schedules without losing the>boat traffic in FSX. Am I missing anything (or doing anything>hinky) in these steps?>1. Decompile FS9 .bgl file using AIFPC.>2. Recompile in FSX format using AIFPC.>3. Copy aircraft from FS9 over to FSX SimObjects/Airplanes>folder.>4. (Optional) Add appropriate exit points to facilitate>vehicle traffic at the gate.>>That seems too simple.>It's that simple, but it is not foolproof.I have experimented with that. SOME (but not all) of the BGL's I have converted using AIFPC, are not true FSX bgl's, or they have something in them that the FSX AI system does not like. I say this because I converted an old FS9 Mooney GA file, and when I used that file, it caused all other traffic to disappear.Basically I think it is prudent to convert 1 file, then test it, and convert another, test it, etc.There is NO subsitute for using the FSX native SDK TDBB compiler. I think it is wise to use TDBB compiler whenever possible. There are other programs, like Jens Rabmund's converter (downloadable here at AVSIM) which output TDBB files that, with tweaking, can be run thru TDBB. Frank Saler's AISort can also output files for TDBB compiler.>Also, once I get a large enough real world AI representation,>I want to nuke the stock AI. If possible, I'd like to>eliminate only the big iron, and leave the general aviation as>is. Is there some file manipulation I can do to accomplish>this?>The GA traffic has been separated from the big huge traffic bgl file in years past. You can download the GA bgl's by aircraft type (Lear, Mooney, Cessna, Baron, King Air, Piper Archer), then convert them if you're lucky.The site escapes me, but it was not at any of the major FS sites. Maybe it was at PAI. Ask around because this download was just brought up a few weeks ago here at AVSIM in this very forum.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian