Sign in to follow this  
victorwest2

Google Earth in FSX

Guest Manday-AccProb

I thought that I ve read someone saying that there is a program which dynamically loads satellite data from Google-Earth or the Google-Maps API into a overlay in FSX - but I can only find tools that project something FSX specifiv into google-earth - not the other way arround. Am I wrong and there is no such program?Thanks

Guest Manday-AccProb

Very cool! That it was. Thanks mate

Guest Paul Middleton

>I thought that I ve read someone saying that there is a>program which dynamically loads satellite data from>Google-Earth or the Google-Maps API into a overlay in FSX ->but I can only find tools that project something FSX specifiv>into google-earth - not the other way arround. Am I wrong and>there is no such program?>>ThanksThere is no program designed to do such a thing, because that might cause problems with the G-organisation.However if you check out the TileProxy forum further down, you might find a program that could be used to do something like that, if its user so chose, using his or her own initiative, and on his or her own responsibility, to do such a thing. ;-)

Guest Manday-AccProb

Oh okay. Good to know. I just would have d/l this program and hoped that it works. But is this really an issue? As the Google-Maps API can be used almost everywere for non commercial purpose by private users (http://www.google.com/apis/maps/terms.html) I don't see any problem with using it in FSX. Do you?

> But is this really an issue? No, not really. Download and try. If you like it then enjoy. Neither Mr Google or Mr VirtualEarth will send the boys round to do you over. Rest easy in your bed overnight. :-lol