Sign in to follow this  
scheffchoch

Which Car Seat for an A320 Home Cockpit?

Hi guys

Im starting out builing my A320 home cockpit (first time ever home cockpit builder here).

The cockpit is intended to be used in VR so I am leaving out all the screens and LED indicators. I also build only the captains side. The switches qnd knobs will be connected to Arduinos an then used via mobiflight in the Fenix A320 in MSFS.

Now I am looking for a suitable used car seat with adjustable armrests and adjustable in height and position. The replica A320 seats are just too expensive for what I want. Do you have any tips for me, which car models I should look in to for this seat? What did you use in your cockpits? (I am from Europe, Switzerland so it helps if the car model is quite popular here :-) )

And are the armrests really that important as i imagine, especially on the side of the sidestick?

Cheers

Scheffchoch

I built a full-size A320 cockpit two years ago and was initially looking at using truck seats but ultimately couldn't find something that I thought would work for my setup (the seat is quite narrow and the adjustable armrest is unique in size). So I did end up buying replicas, which are quite expensive indeed, but haven't regretted my decision.

I have seen other builders modify their seat by adding a custom-built armrest. That might be your best option.

Here is an example (in French): https://www.jl-a320.com/2023/04/10/les-accoudoirs/

Good luck with your project!

Thierry (aka Captain Tango)

https://www.flightpathsimulation.club/blog/a320-cockpit/

Hi Thierry

Thank you for the advice. I was hoping there were some seats e.g. from any type of minivan that could do the job... The replica seats are just to dammn expensive for me.

The link is very interesting, I will look into this option.

Any other ideas around?

I have re purposed an old Peugeot 3008 front seat and put it onto a wooden frame.

It is still on the runners so can move back and forth and also adjust but it is missing the arm rests.

Dave