Sign in to follow this  
Dan Addamo

ATSimulations Server

Hello to everyone, 
I'm not new on the forum but this is probably my very first post. 

These days I would have liked to flown the marvellous Antonov AN-2 developed by ATSimulations (Andrey Tsvirenko) but the results is the ATSimulations servers are down and is not possible to fly the aircraft because it need internet connection for anti-piracy checking. Already tried several times to contact the developer but he seem vanished. So from now ahead all ATSimulations addons became unuseful with a big black box instead the cabin. Anyone know how to contact the developer to solve this situation and maybe remove this internet check from the addons? Mostly of the developers goes to MSFS and their P3D's payware become freeware, probably also ATSimulation can remove the internet check nowadays given that there are not any update for this softwares. 

I hope you guys can help!  

Edited by Dan Addamo

On 6/28/2023 at 11:20 PM, Dan Addamo said:

These days I would have liked to flown the marvellous Antonov AN-2 developed by ATSimulations (Andrey Tsvirenko) but the results is the ATSimulations servers are down and is not possible to fly the aircraft because it need internet connection for anti-piracy checking.

Hey that's pretty awful that the aircraft checks each and every time it's used (and not just when initally installed).

I had this aircraft on my buying list myself, but what's the use if it won't run.

This is a problem where such types of check methodology ends up failing and the author neglects their exisiting customers.

Unfortunately, looking at various Google search results, things are not looking good for this developer.

Apparently he's Russian where Russia being engaged in a bit of a war with it's neighbour, is sanctioned because of it.

So likely the war and sanctions could be the reason for no contact, the dev might have also been drafted ?

Also looks like the aircraft was purchased by Microsoft as a famous flyer aircraft.

https://www.facebook.com/ATSimulations/

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/atsimulations-antonov-an-2-work-in-progress/390989/99?page=4

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2023/03/21/microsoft-flight-simulator-antonov-an-2-aircraft/

As to disabling the check...

Depends on how it has been implemented, if the check is in a dll then it would be hard to disable, although it might be possible to ignore the check result.

You might need to just move on from this aircraft and pickup some others that are now freebees like the Milviz, RealAir, IndiaFoxtEcho and Airplane Heaven.

There are also some quite nice aircraft by Ants Airplanes including a very nice Tiger Moth (payware but very cheap). I personally like the Ant Sierra, which has engine wear and maintenance along with failure programming and even rain fx on the canopy, Carenardo also make a few nice aircraft where there are a collection of enhancement mods to improve the a/c operations.

A2A's collection are also a pretty nice group of aircraft.

Happy to chat further re: aircraft selection / recommendations.

Cheers

Edited by Rogen
  • Like 1

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

On 6/28/2023 at 8:20 AM, Dan Addamo said:

the ATSimulations servers are down and is not possible to fly the aircraft

I just loaded the AN-2 into P3Dv5.3. It seems to be working fine for me. Server back up or maybe a texture problem at your end?

• Like 1

Version: P3Dv5.4, P3Dv6  CPU: Core i7-13700K @ 5.5 GHz with HT on,  GPU: RTX 3080 12GB,  RAM: 32GB DDR-5MONITOR: 32" 4K with G-Sync enabled, OS: Win10 22H2, Target Frame Rate: P3D 120, NCP Max Frame Rate 35.

Hi thanks for your replies,

developer answered to my mail and he told me that some work on hosting was gone. Anyway now the addons works correctly, but I think it could happen again. So I asked him to remove the internet check for his existing customers. No reply from him yet. It's really bad that people can't use the paid addon because something in the server goes wrong. Today most of the P3D addons are free I don't understand why keep this check when these addons won't have more updates. It's just frustrating that you can't use something you paid for because you don't have an internet connection or maybe the server has or will have problems. The check is probably in a dll file (looking with IDA), and affect models itself. I hope he changes his mind and gives his customers a patch to remove the internet-check.

• Like 2