Sign in to follow this  
viz

B777 Sim vs the real one

Guest philfab

Sir,As a rettired aussie pilot who flew the 777 in Saudi Arabia, I wanted to throw a few thoughts your way. Firstly, congratulations on a fabulously accurate model. I never cease to be impressed at just how much of the real thing you have managed to capture. I notice the relationship of mach, flight level and IAS is not correct, and this may well be a Microsoft thing buried within the inner sanctum of the FS9 programming. I also notice that the Master Caution is activated for the oil pressure during start up, and believe this to be in error. The oil pressure should be well above minimums before light off and therefore not activate the MC. I also was wondering if it is possible for end-user (me) to modify the electronic checklist to more accurately reflect a particular airline's one. Also, when building a flight plan on the FMS, is it posssible to build a DME arc without going place-bearing-distance, PBD, PBD etc..? Also, is the FMS data base upgradable to reflect more recent SIDs, STARS etc. etc..? And finally, is there a paint scheme for the Saudia colour scheme somewhere - just for old times' sake? It is very hard after 35 years airline flying to let go, but you guys have certainly helped ease that pain heaps! Most sincerely, thanks. Phil McCONNELL

Hi Phil,Did you intend to post this in the PSS forum?(They make 777 addon sim)Glenn