Sign in to follow this  
rpvirtual

CYHZ from SimAddons, no traffic, yet not in TO-BE-LEARNED

Hello!

With PSXTraffic v1.4.2 CYHZ from SimAddons is not appearing in TO-BE-LEARNED-OFFLINE yet appears very empty of static aircraft. Raising the parking level does not change this. I notice that it shows as 'qf:1' which maybe related to the problem? CYHZ from SimAddons does appear in the PSXTraffic\airports\archive_psxt\thirdparty\SimAddons directory with what looks like a good quantity of data. What do I need to do please to get CYHZ back to being better 'known'?

Thanks,

Richard.

First: CYHZ is not appearing in TO_BE_LEARNED because it is already learned and available in the archive. However, from the Qf=1 you can see that it has not much static traffic options, actually just one....

The PSXT alternative is available indeed, but has a rather low Qf of 15. Therefore it will not be chosen as alternative because, see the Manual section 6.3, the value is less then 45 ... :

If both archives contain the wanted airport, then the file from archive_psxt is taken if the Qf of the PSXTraffic file is less than the hidden parameter QF_PSXTRAFFIC_THRESHOLD (default 20, range 0 .. 25) and the Qf of the PSXT file is greater than parameter QF_PSXT_THRESHOLD (default 45, range 40 .. 100).

I think I have to make this algorithm more refined. For a very low value of 1 a value of 15 is a big improvement, I will change that in the next version of PSXTraffic.

I've tried to let the learner run at YHZ a few times when we had that ability, but it's just so slow there that I would often move to somewhere busier to get more data. I kick myself for it now.

Edited by Dave_YVR

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Many thanks, very clear, appreciated. I've emailed over a more 'learned' CHYZ from PSXT for the Archive, if that helps too.

Thanks. PSXTraffic v1.4.3 showing plenty of aircraft now at SimAddons CYHZ and picking up PSXT archive nicely. 

• Like 1