Sign in to follow this  
Lev

Xplane 12 new user

I am a new Xplane 12 user and am having difficulties getting the program set up.  I have a Commercial license with Instrument and CFI ratings.  I have over 2000 flight hours in a wide variety of Cessna aircraft, a 1978 Piper turbo Arrow and a 1983 A36TC Turbo Bonanza.  Unfortunately medical issues have taken me out of the cockpit.  I am looking to have some fun in Xplane 12.  I have a reasonably high end computer and am using the Velosity One yoke and throttle package.  I would like to talk with and experienced Xplane user about setup and configuration issues and how to get more immersed in the Xplane world.  Is there anyone out there who would be willing to spend some time on the phone assisting me in this effort?

Regards,  Lee

Saying "... am having difficulties getting the program set up." is a bit scanty. Where exactly do you have difficulties? A bit more information would help a lot.
However, I would suggest to ask in the x-plane.org-forum, there are (for obvious reasons 😉) maaany more XP users than here.

Watch my YT-channel: https://www.youtube.com/@flyingcarpet1340/

Customer of X-Plane, Aerofly, Flightgear, MSFS.

19 hours ago, Lev said:

I am a new Xplane 12 user and am having difficulties getting the program set up.  I have a Commercial license with Instrument and CFI ratings.  I have over 2000 flight hours in a wide variety of Cessna aircraft, a 1978 Piper turbo Arrow and a 1983 A36TC Turbo Bonanza.  Unfortunately medical issues have taken me out of the cockpit.  I am looking to have some fun in Xplane 12.  I have a reasonably high end computer and am using the Velosity One yoke and throttle package.  I would like to talk with and experienced Xplane user about setup and configuration issues and how to get more immersed in the Xplane world.  Is there anyone out there who would be willing to spend some time on the phone assisting me in this effort?

Regards,  Lee

Any USB conttoller works with Xplane. I have a hodgepodge but my core control setup items are

CH Yoke USB

CH Pedals USB

Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant

Flightsim stuff vernier styled TPM with elevator trim and flaps.

My accessory controllers are a mix. 

Clamped left of my yoke is my older CH Throttle Quadrant with the knobs of the handles. I use the 6 two way switches and the switches in the Axis detentes. 

I have a 5 gang two way toggle switch panel

A 5 gang two way rocker switch panel

A 5 gang rotary encoder panel. 

On my right is a one hand mini gaming keypad and the 5 gang rotary encoder panel which I use to control the GNS unit. I also use 3 of the encoders to move the Heading, CRS, and Altimeter bugs. Two for the GNS but it's a pain because I must use one direction for each decimal decliment. I want to upgrade to a Flighsimbuilders GNS panel when funds allow. I don't have to use my mouse much. Most flights I do with physical controls only and all my controllers can be positioned similar to an actual cockpit location. I have a hutch above the monitor I can clamp to for Airliner overhead if needed. 

23 hours ago, Lev said:

I am a new Xplane 12 user and am having difficulties getting the program set up

If you list what problems you are having, you will get plenty of replies to get you up and running 🙃

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home