Sign in to follow this  
AndyCYXU

MCE 3.0.0.39 DOES NOT START

just upgraded and tried to start the program doesn't start.. first it does something to audio settings then i never hear from it again

subsequent attempts to start it produce nothing 

sim loaded with ATR on tarmac

5 hours ago, AndyCYXU said:

Well after reinstalling it for the fifth time it started finally... shouldn't be like that.. just saying...

Sorry about that.

It can happen when users mistakenly use the patch available on forum. That one is for Ultimate Edition only.

Since it's a different product, the activation file for say MSFS edition or other products won't work, with silent stall on startup.

The MSFS edition will be updated to V3.0.4.8 or higher this week. It will add GSX integration as well as full support for Asobo ATR and Asobo 787 Working Title mod.

On 7/17/2023 at 5:12 PM, AndyCYXU said:

ok great to hear, i was installing what I downloaded from Sim-market anyways it works now so that's good

Sorry for the delay. More likely this week.

More time needed to synchronize with electronic checklist.

For instance, when you're first expected to read the <before takeoff checklist> the relevant header is at the top and it's a matter of validating the line, but once it's done it disappers and to get Fo to read it again, he has to play with a long list of options and screens before he can get to that specific section again.

IT IS HAPPENING AGAIN WHAT IS WRONG WIHT YOU PEOPLE, I SHOULD NOT HAVE TO HAVE THIS HAPPEN EVER !

ALREADY NOT ABLE TO PLAY ONE WEEKEND BECAUSE OF YOUR STUPID SECURITY, NOW IT DOESNT START ONCE UPDATED LICENSE.. AGAIN DO TO YOUR STUPID SECURITY FEATURES MOST LIKELY EVEN DOWNLOADED WHAT WAS SENT TO ME FROM SUPPORT

AND YES ITS THE STUPID SILENT QUIT OF APP

PLESE TELL ME HOW DO I STRAT THIS PROGAM

Edited by AndyCYXU

I WILL GIVE YOU THE 15 EURO SO UPDATE ME TO ULTIMATE VERSION MAYBE YOU MAINTAIN THAT ONE BETTER I REALLY DO NOT CARE I JUST WANT WORKING PROGRAM AND DO NOT MIND DONATE YOU EXTRA 15 EURO JUST MAKE IT WORK, DID NOT BUY ULITMATE SINCE I HAVE NO INTEREST EVER FLYING ANY OTHER SIM BUT MSFS BUT HAPPILY WILL GIVE YOU THE 15 EURO DIFFERENCE

On 12/11/2023 at 6:06 AM, AndyCYXU said:

I WILL GIVE YOU THE 15 EURO SO UPDATE ME TO ULTIMATE VERSION MAYBE YOU MAINTAIN THAT ONE BETTER I REALLY DO NOT CARE I JUST WANT WORKING PROGRAM AND DO NOT MIND DONATE YOU EXTRA 15 EURO JUST MAKE IT WORK, DID NOT BUY ULITMATE SINCE I HAVE NO INTEREST EVER FLYING ANY OTHER SIM BUT MSFS BUT HAPPILY WILL GIVE YOU THE 15 EURO DIFFERENCE

Do not use patch link on forum unless running the Ultimate Edition as it may not even start due to invalid key.

Contact support in order to get latest MSFS edition version link.

Edited by FS++

it took few reinstalls and reboots AGAIN same as OP, but finally got it working, but again this is not right IMO,

I used shortcut to download files sent to me in the email from support with my new license clearly stating it is for MSFSedition, so i used these, they worked originally then few days after I start the sim and want to start MCE and there I am getting the silent shut down, will see if the darn things work now.. anyways how can I upgrade to Ultimate ? seriously i do not care donate you extra 15 euros as seems it gets a lot more attention and updated are out much quicker. i am on 3.0.61 now i guess that is the latest ?

Don't get me wrong great program when it works, but reasons for it not working really angers me as they have nothing to do with my system just security bs that decides "oh well lets not activate today"

On 12/12/2023 at 9:04 PM, AndyCYXU said:

it took few reinstalls and reboots AGAIN same as OP, but finally got it working, but again this is not right IMO,

I used shortcut to download files sent to me in the email from support with my new license clearly stating it is for MSFSedition, so i used these, they worked originally then few days after I start the sim and want to start MCE and there I am getting the silent shut down, will see if the darn things work now.. anyways how can I upgrade to Ultimate ? seriously i do not care donate you extra 15 euros as seems it gets a lot more attention and updated are out much quicker. i am on 3.0.61 now i guess that is the latest ?

Don't get me wrong great program when it works, but reasons for it not working really angers me as they have nothing to do with my system just security bs that decides "oh well lets not activate today"

MCE MSFS edition is now on a par with Ultimate Edition. V3.0.6.4, both from the link provided by support or Simmarket.

Adjustments made to Fenix A320 support as well as tweaks to Simbrief feature.

• Like 1

well the software does not start AGAIN !!! worked fine yesterday now today silent shutdown FIX IT PLEASE how many time you expect end user to have to reinstall it ?!?!?! and of course it is the last piece of software to start so now i have to shut EVERYTHING DOWN , UNINSTALL IT, REBOOT COMPUTER, INSTALL IT and MAYBE IT WILL WOKR MAYBE ??!!! 

FIX IT

Posted (edited)
On 1/2/2024 at 2:27 AM, AndyCYXU said:

well the software does not start AGAIN !!! worked fine yesterday now today silent shutdown FIX IT PLEASE how many time you expect end user to have to reinstall it ?!?!?! and of course it is the last piece of software to start so now i have to shut EVERYTHING DOWN , UNINSTALL IT, REBOOT COMPUTER, INSTALL IT and MAYBE IT WILL WOKR MAYBE ??!!! 

FIX IT

Nope, no re-install, nor reboot is required. 

Your signature points to the fact you may be running a simpit and possibly not starting MCE the expected way which is to wait until the plane has completed loading, then double-click of the desktop icon, windows shortcut menu or start it from windows explorer by double-clicking the "mce.exe" file.

EDIT: You would face the same issue even with Ultimate Edition

If using other way to launch it, please contact support via e-mail and we'll work things out for you.

Edited by FS++

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, FS++ said:

Nope, no re-install, nor reboot is required. No need to shut anything except debugging tools.

Your signature points to the fact you may be running a simpit and possibly not starting MCE the expected way which is to wait until the plane has completed loading, then double-click of the desktop icon, windows shortcut menu or start it from windows explorer by double-clicking the "mce.exe" file.

EDIT: You would face the same issue even with Ultimate Edition

If using other way to launch it, please contact support via e-mail and we'll work things out for you.

Yes I do run simpit but it has no bearing on how I start MCE which is the very last program.

reinstalling without reboot will NOT work. tried it before and even this time. I had to uninstall it then reboot and install it again, then it works if I just uninstall it then install it again it does NOT work !

I start MCE very last program when aircraft is on the tarmac ready and fully loaded this is pretty elementary !!! By clicking the shortcut every singe time same thing but once it decides to quit is game over need to reinstall.

what debugging tool are you talking about ? maybe there is as way to shut it down somehow, some residual something running, idk all I know is that from time to time MCE will simply not start and the only way to get it to work again is: 

1. Uninstall it

2. Reboot MUST BE DONE

3. Install it, then it works again

If I do get the "silent crash" NOTHING will make it work again, even restarting computer NOTHING I MUST FOLLOW STEPS ABOVE OR IT WILL NOT WORK EVER

There is no instance of anything MCE related to be running in Task Manager anywhere

please prove me wrong so I don't have to reinstall it when it decides not to start

I will add that sometimes I do start it before.. I KNOW IT IS NOT A WAY TO DO IT.. the reason I start it before is only after I have problem like that... it will tell me "start ME when aircraft is fully loaded" message, (something like that) I know and I expect this message, this message tells me that the program works and it will start just fine when needed... I only do it first time after reinstall when encountering this problem so I don't have to to start everything else to find out it still broken, then I play for weeks no issues and I NEVER EVER start MCE until aircraft is fully loaded etc.. well except for the first time after having to reinstall... and then all of a sudden one day I start MCE (after aircraft is loaded to get it out of the way) and nothing, a blank, it will not start, nothing happens so to the reinstall process we go.3

Also it does some adjusting of audio how can I disable it, it doesn't really change anything just goes through some options automatically I don't see a point to that

Edited by AndyCYXU

On 1/4/2024 at 6:23 PM, AndyCYXU said:

Yes I do run simpit but it has no bearing on how I start MCE which is the very last program.

reinstalling without reboot will NOT work. tried it before and even this time. I had to uninstall it then reboot and install it again, then it works if I just uninstall it then install it again it does NOT work !

I start MCE very last program when aircraft is on the tarmac ready and fully loaded this is pretty elementary !!! By clicking the shortcut every singe time same thing but once it decides to quit is game over need to reinstall.

what debugging tool are you talking about ? maybe there is as way to shut it down somehow, some residual something running, idk all I know is that from time to time MCE will simply not start and the only way to get it to work again is: 

1. Uninstall it

2. Reboot MUST BE DONE

3. Install it, then it works again

If I do get the "silent crash" NOTHING will make it work again, even restarting computer NOTHING I MUST FOLLOW STEPS ABOVE OR IT WILL NOT WORK EVER

There is no instance of anything MCE related to be running in Task Manager anywhere

please prove me wrong so I don't have to reinstall it when it decides not to start

I will add that sometimes I do start it before.. I KNOW IT IS NOT A WAY TO DO IT.. the reason I start it before is only after I have problem like that... it will tell me "start ME when aircraft is fully loaded" message, (something like that) I know and I expect this message, this message tells me that the program works and it will start just fine when needed... I only do it first time after reinstall when encountering this problem so I don't have to to start everything else to find out it still broken, then I play for weeks no issues and I NEVER EVER start MCE until aircraft is fully loaded etc.. well except for the first time after having to reinstall... and then all of a sudden one day I start MCE (after aircraft is loaded to get it out of the way) and nothing, a blank, it will not start, nothing happens so to the reinstall process we go.3

Also it does some adjusting of audio how can I disable it, it doesn't really change anything just goes through some options automatically I don't see a point to that

The automated disabling of the voice fading was the result of users complaining in this thread. Instead of giving instructions to follow, the scripted clicking would do the job

CoPi voice volume turns down - The Multi-Crew Experience (MCE) Support Forum - The AVSIM Community

You can disable it in "mce.ini" by adding/editing this line to [OPTIONS] section

[OPTIONS]

DisableVolumeFade=1

Andy, I'm not doubting your report about inability to start.

Just saying, If it was that unreliable, we would be swamped with such reports for all editions and the Demo would be a disaster.

From experience, there are 2 scenarios where MCE may exhibit strange behavior when you exclude other software protection related no-starters.

1 - A user modifies C:\Program Files (x86)\ folder permissions. Never a good thing to do.

For instance, when MCE starts it needs to fire both Simco64_Ldr.exe as well as the Splash screen (Splash.exe). Believe it or not, Windows may not grant permission for "mce.exe" to do that. It does under "default user rights" and requires "mce.exe" to be digitally signed.

See this thread:

Could not start Splash Screen - The Multi-Crew Experience (MCE) Support Forum - The AVSIM Community

Although it's possible to install MCE outside C:\Program Files (x86)\ we recommend default path so you won't be instructed to disable Windows UAC or mess with other settings. Default path is better and won't take more than 2 GB space even with all recorded audio voice packs installed.

2 The other unknown variable is anti-virus. Since MCE has built-in protection, some anti-virus may wrongly see it as potential malware and will block the process. Maybe something we don't know happens when the software is just installed.

At the very least, go into your anti-virus program settings and ensure you exclude "mce.exe" from "process monitoring" (not to be confused with excluding folder for scanning). I mean, the AV shouldn't kick in when the process is started. Avira and Avast used to do that.

The file is digitally signed, not coming from "unknown publisher".

You can submit it to VirusTotal website which checks it against about 72 packages and you will notice there are at least 4 or 5 that may wrongly flag it as "possible malware" (and likely block it), but the vast majority doesn't these days.

Finally, as I acknowledged many times before on this forum, it's not impossible with all those fast and furious updates, occasionally things get screwed up. But, based on sales (following Demo) and e-mail reports, it doesn't appear to be the case with version 3.0.6.4

If anyone else has trouble starting MCE MSFS edition (Or any other edition for that matter), please report in this thread. Thank you