Sign in to follow this  
vidha

PSXTraffic_P3D remember live ac when restart

Hi

Oftentimes when I use PSXTraffic_P3D to spot (not flying myself), I need to restart the program or it restarts because of simconnect timeout. In PSXT_P3D we had the "snapshot" filling postitions with the latest live parked aircraft.

Now in PSXTraffic_P3D it start's filling the airport with static aircraft from the airport file, and you have to start all over again waiting for the gates to be filled with the correct aircraft. Is there anyway PSXTraffic_P3D can "remember" when restarting?

On 7/21/2023 at 3:01 PM, vhaaland said:

Now in PSXTraffic_P3D it start's filling the airport with static aircraft from the airport file, and you have to start all over again waiting for the gates to be filled with the correct aircraft. Is there anyway PSXTraffic_P3D can "remember" when restarting?

Only by re-introducing the snapshot functionality.

Edited by kiek

If that is not too much work, I would appreciate it. I really like the concept of live aircraft, and when spotting some of that disappear when all the accumulated positions gets reset when PSXTraffic restart for whatever reason. 

I guess this has not so much to say when you use PSXTraffic when flying yourself, but I suspect I'm not the only one using it hours at a time at any given airport just spotting. 

In that case, if snapshot was reintroduced, all one would need is really the live aircraft positions, and leave the rest of the gates empty (no aircraft from the airport-files). In some way, the "live" aspect of PSXT is the best thing. Static aircraft are anyway fictional, even if they are more accurate than other AI-solutions. 

Also, is there any way we could have a button to flush out static aircraft whenever one wish, and just keep the live ones. That would be valuable I think, when you have say 20 live aircraft at an airport, you really don't need the "fictive" 5-6 static ones anymore.

Edited by vhaaland
  • Like 1

On 7/21/2023 at 3:01 PM, vhaaland said:

In PSXT_P3D we had the "snapshot" filling postitions with the latest live parked aircraft.

No, it was live + static.

20 hours ago, vhaaland said:

In that case, if snapshot was reintroduced, all one would need is really the live aircraft positions, and leave the rest of the gates empty (no aircraft from the airport-files).

That is not so easy, because live aircraft return as static parked from a snap shot. Some "hot" ones will soon be replaced by real live versions, but others that originally have ended their flight (arrived) will remain static.
I will implement an automatic snap shot function (not configurable), that will save live parked and static parked that were from an earlier snap shot. These aircraft will spawn immediately after a restart within 3 minutes, followed by normal static aircraft up to the wished percentage. You can then - if you want- use the new flush function described below.

I will implement a flush check box next to the ILO: if checked all static parked aircraft will be removed and ILO is set to true, leaving you with live (parked) aircraft only. Don't be surprised if the static counter not goes to zero, the remaining ones must be live parked from a previous restart.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, kiek said:

That is not so easy, because live aircraft return as static parked from a snap shot. Some "hot" ones will soon be replaced by real live versions, but others that originally have ended their flight (arrived) will remain static.
I will implement an automatic snap shot function (not configurable), that will save live parked and static parked that were from an earlier snap shot. These aircraft will spawn immediately after a restart within 3 minutes, followed by normal static aircraft up to the wished percentage. You can then - if you want- use the new flush function described below.

I will implement a flush check box next to the ILO: if checked all static parked aircraft will be removed and ILO is set to true, leaving you with live (parked) aircraft only. Don't be surprised if the static counter not goes to zero, the remaining ones must be live parked from a previous restart.

Now available in 1.8.0

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, kiek said:

Fantastic, Nico. This will be a very valuable addition 🙂

11 minutes ago, kiek said:

Now available in 1.8.0

Thank you so much for this 🙂

6 minutes ago, vhaaland said:

Thank you so much for this 🙂

Thank you!

I always remember a great contributor, your work on the AIG registration codes is much appreciated.

• Like 1