Sign in to follow this  
Sagittarius2018

After months of absence I don't understand the news

Hi, I have been absent for several months from virtual flight and in addition to updating a lot of stuff I have found another product, PSXTraffic installer for MSFS. I'm sure it's another crazy thing that Nico invented 🤣

Assuming that I have a RealTraffic subscription, I would like to understand what this new product is for and if I have to install it to see the real traffic.

Thank you.

Edited by Sagittarius2018

On 7/31/2023 at 12:24 PM, jonesrob said:

RealTraffic provides the traffic data. PSXT links the data with AI models. You need, for example,  https://www.fslivetrafficliveries.com/ for this, just the liveries, not the injector. All the instructions are on the PSXT website https://www.lekseecon.nl/

Hi, I'm very late in responding to your post: I use AIG and IVAO's MTLs. Both paths are currently linked in the parameters.xml file located in C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\PSXT_MSFS, at the lfolder0 and lfolder1 lines respectively.

Furthermore, again in the parameters.xml file, the folders of the airports installed on MSFS are linked to the lines afolder0, afolder1, afolder2 (in afolder1 there is the link to the Community folder).

When I install PSXTraffic will I have to indicate those parameters somewhere?

Thank you.

PSXTraffic parameters.xml is in it's own folder at C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\PSXTraffic. You can open the PSXT parameters.xml and copy the lfolder and afolder parameters into PSXTraffic parameters.xml. Your afolder0 is probably redundant since afolder1 is set to Community folder - PSXTraffic scans airports on every launch so it makes no sense to have it scan addon airports NOT in the Community Folder because addon airports NOT in the Community folder will NOT be present in MSFS.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

12 hours ago, Sagittarius2018 said:

When I install PSXTraffic will I have to indicate those parameters somewhere?

Your (relevant) PSXT_MSFS parameters will be copied automatically at the first run of PSXTraffic.

Edited by kiek

2 hours ago, kiek said:

Your (relevant) PSXT_MSFS parameters will be copied automatically at the first run of PSXTraffic.

Yes, I noticed this, but the folders linked in Community (like those of the ORBX airports) always confuse me. Can PSXT scan the airport even if there isn't a real folder in Community but only a link-folder? I've always had a doubt about this.

spacer.png

Edited by Sagittarius2018

1 hour ago, Sagittarius2018 said:

Can PSXT scan the airport even if there isn't a real folder in Community but only a link-folder?

Yes, from the beginning, 3 years ago now.

Edited by kiek
  • Like 1

On 9/8/2023 at 1:26 AM, kiek said:

That's what I thought but I couldn't find it mentioned anywhere in the PSXTraffic manual.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

11 hours ago, somiller said:

That's what I thought but I couldn't find it mentioned anywhere in the PSXTraffic manual.

Because the Manual is not about PSXT_MSFS. And new users don't care. 
It was mentioned in the release notes when PSXTraffic was introduced.