Sign in to follow this  
slashed2

How to make FSGenesis Landclass Work with UTerrain Landclass?

I really like the texture representation of FSGenesis Landclass, but I don't understand how to "sandwich" it in proper priority with UTerrainX land class categories. I'd like to use the UT urban features. The UTX directions say to insert other landclass in priority sequence between the categories you want to use in UT. But FSG Landclass does not seem to appear in my Scenery Library at ALL like UTX landclass does (by category). It seems like I'm in a quandry of having to use FSG landclass completely, or if I leave it in... I think that UT trumps FSG completely with the use of its textures in all the UT landclass categories. Can anyone help me understand how to blend and make them both work like this? Thank you for addressing my confessed ignorance about this.Best Regards,Steve

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Look for Addon Scenery in the scenery library and put it above UT vegetation landclass I believe it is. I believe some have renamed or moved the FSG landclass file to its own folder so it appears under something other than Addon Scenery, but by default this is where it is located.

Hi Ian,sorry, that's not correct. The default location for the FSGenesis land class file is NOT "Addon Scenery". It's placed in SceneryBasescenery, which is the "Default Scenery" entry in the scenery library menu. That entry should remain where it is and not be moved to a higher position.Instead, navigate to SceneryBasescenery, and move the fsglcx_us.bgl into a new "scenery" folder, then place that scenery folder in a new folder with a descriptive name, say "FSG_USA_landclass". This new folder can be placed where you keep your other add-on files (e.g., I have an "FSX Addons" directory outside the FSX main folder) and then added to the FSX scenery library menu and placed as a "sandwich" in between the UTX land class entries as described in the manual.Actually, the alternative is to use the uninstaller to remove the current FSGenesis land class file, then re-install it but setting up a custom location as above using the autoinstaller's option to do so. In that case the installer will automatically place the file into the custom folder and add the entry to the scenery library menu.Cheers, Holger

Wow! Thank you Holger (and Ian)...That's just what I am looking for. I will go home tonight and give that a try. I'll uninstall and reinstall in a specific folder for listing in the Scenery Library, and see if that works. I'm at work right now). Take care, you guys!Steve

News to me....I've been using scenerytech landclass sandwiched in along with add-on scenery which is unchecked thinking that was FSGenesis. Well then, I stand corrected, thanks for the explanation.