Sign in to follow this  
AKStirling

Die-Hard RealAir Sim Beech Duke V2 supporter ...(turbo)

One of the more unusual postings I feel sure all will Agree ... Have P3D 5.3 with longtime installed plane, as per title, which recently started to throw up all sorts of error messages none of which made any sense to me ... so I applied the logic of 'if in doubt have it out' ... having it out in this case amounted to me downloading a fresh copy of the plane from the RealAir site and carefully copying over from this, to the kaput version, basically all the files ... !Eureka! it worked! ... only slight problem being the new plane is linked to the GPS 500 of FSX days ... I'm sure some whizz can magic up a way of making my new 'improved version' accept the up-to-date Reality XP package to install the latest version of the 750 ...??

Edited by AKStirling

Is the RealAir Config Panel in your Windows Start menu working?  You need the Config Panel to change from the default GPS 500 to the Flight 1 GTN 750, then use the Reality XP install instructions to install the RXP 750 into the frame of the Flight1 GTN.

Hi ... I don't have any Realair config panel in the Start Menu ... the only cfg link i know of is the one in the installed plane's file package in Simobjects folder ... it contains a lot of items the user can adjust including a page for gps but i don't see any means of replacing the GPS 500 with the F1 750 in there ... i'd have thought you'd have to have Flight 1 version installed, install it in the Duke, then make the change using the Reality XP app ...??

19 hours ago, AKStirling said:

... i'd have thought you'd have to have Flight 1 version installed, install it in the Duke, then make the change using the Reality XP app ...??

It's not necessary to have the Flight 1 GTN installed.  What the Config Panel does is change the frame for whatever GPS you want to use.  Once you've chosen the Flight 1 GTN you can then install the Reality XP GTN 750 inside that frame.

Please navigate to the folder where your Panel Config app is located.  Included in that folder should be the AutoPlay folder.  Open it, then the Files folder.  Inside Files you should have a couple folders, and some files that can be opened using a text editor (Notepad works fine).  One of the files you should have is Config.ini... open it and find the [Radios] section.  There your should have a couple entries:

gps1.type=750

gps2.type=650 or 750 or NoGps or GPS500 (you decide what piece of avionics you want for your secondary nav device)

If these two entries are not in your [Radios] section then add them, and choose what configuration you want for your gps2.type.  Save the file (as an ini) and now open your Panel Config to see if you have the Flight 1 choice in the left window of the "GPS & Radios" tab.

🍻