Sign in to follow this  
Vespula

Program stops working

I am currently on the trial for this program. I have yet to get through a flight without something going wrong. Mainly, at some point throughout the flight i either stop having atc respond to me or sayit doesn't respond to a message and its dead from there. An example is today, when i had atc fail before takeoff clearance, and right after departure sayit didn't respond to the frequency change message, and after that point nothing happened. Even after i reset the program, refiled the plan 2 times, and swapped frequencies many times. When this program works i enjoy it, but unfortunately that is the exception right now, i would really like some assistance to try and fix this. I've uploaded today's log files here :https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1a9atuMqo-U54541-fwldDLYjW6R-u0lc?usp=drive_link.

Make sure you have enough memory.  You need at least 32GB of memory for most situations and possibly more for MSFS.

Unfortunately, the upload is locked.  I sent a request for access via Google and will review the log once I get access.

Dave

The log shows you're hitting a bug in the 2.6.4.2 version.

Apply the Beta 6 update and it should fix the bug issues.  

Public Betas (pilot2atc.com)

If not, send me the log file using the new version and I'll figure out what's going wrong.

There's also some new flight scenario documentation in the Public Beta 6 that might be helpful in learning how P2A flights typically proceed.

Dave

Not sure that i've properly updated to the beta, how am i supposed to do it? I tried to install it in the existing folder but it installed in its own folder, i moved and replaced those files into the existing folder, is that correct? It doesn't seem that it completely connects, once i connect the button stays white and i can't file the plan, the button for it just does nothing.

To install an update, like the Beta versions, you run the update installer and make sure that the install location is the folder where your existing version is installed.  

Since it seems things are now messed up, I would recommend deleting the folder you are using now.

Run the installer for the full version with the default data.  Apply the Beta update, being sure the installer is pointing at the fresh installation folder.  Then update the data if you have a data subscription to Navigraph or NavDataPro.

Dave