Sign in to follow this  
cstr-online

Arduino-Bridge with Nano Every

17 minutes ago, DID92370 said:

Lorby,

Seems there's a small issue when the bridge is run in "Plugin Mode". Downloaded 1.03 b04; all files in  \Documents\LorbyAxisAndOhs Files\Plugins\ArduinoBridge\

Bridge activated from the task bar and NANO is connected .... But the script in LCD does not work: nothing is displayed on LCD. Reactivating the connection does not solve the issue.

Whereas when the bridge is activated manually in standalone mode, the (same) script works and I get the display accordingly to the script.

OK, thanks. I will look into it.

LORBY-SI

Hi Lorby,

Back with the Arduino Bridge and the conditional gauge strings as I still have issues with the syntax I'm not familiar with. Stacked ifs are supposed to work, but:

With LCD %(L:VAR1) 1 ==%{if}%(L:VAR2) 0 ==%{if}DISPLAY%{end}%{end} 

I expect to display the string "DISPLAY" on my LCD as soon as VAR1=1 and VAR2=0

Unfortunately, nothing is displayed. Moreover, the bridge seems to crash as edition is not possible anymore after execution.

Any help appreciated.

BTW ..... Happy new year 2024 !!!!

Edited by DID92370

46 minutes ago, DID92370 said:

%(L:VAR1) 1 ==%{if}%(L:VAR2) 0 ==%{if}DISPLAY%{end}%{end} 

There are no percent signs in the conditional format other than around the condition. Please check the PDF that comes with the Bridge.

%(L:VAR1) 1 ==%{if}%(L:VAR2) 0 ==%{if}DISPLAY{end}{end} 

That being said, at the moment I don't have a test environment to check it out - but at least it is syntactically correct.

Not quite there yet in 2024 - but working on it! 🙂

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

YES !!!! Removing the percent sign on the "end" word improves a lot. Thanks a lot Lorby. I take the opportunity to ask you some questions:

1/ Syntax for case condition is this one %index to select%{case}{:0}text1{:1}text2{:2}text3{end} as stated in the PDF. I tried to replace text1 with an if else end sequence but it seems it does not work. Is it really possible?

2/ in the RPN field, is it possible to make common operations like multiplication, addition and so on?

3/ formating numbers works great with d and f. What about strings with s? I would like to add trailing spaces after a string. Because when I display 2 strings on my LCD (STRING1 STRING2), the location of STRING2 depends on the length of STRING1

Thanks in advance.

I understand Lorby that the bridge is part of hobby projects as you said before and that it is not a priority, but I would be very interested by your answer about 2/ especially (forget 1/ and 3/).

I tried many syntaxes but without success. Any help appreciated.

1 hour ago, DID92370 said:

I understand Lorby that the bridge is part of hobby projects as you said before and that it is not a priority, but I would be very interested by your answer about 2/ especially (forget 1/ and 3/).

I tried many syntaxes but without success. Any help appreciated.

Im sorry, but I don't understand what you mean by that and what the purpose would be. Example for "I tried many syntaxes"? "Flightsim RPN" as secified in the SDK documentation of the various MS sims has exactly one correct syntax, and that doesn't leave a lot of options for trial and error?

The field will process what the base definition of RPN strings from the FSX/P3D/MSFS SDK documentation describes.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Basic example: I can get easily the assigned vertical speed of the plane through a variable of the sim in m/s and I want to display it on my LCD in feet/min. A simple multiplication by the right coefficient should make the job.

I expect that something like: %(L:A32NX_AUTOPILOT_VS_SELECTED, number) COEFF *    in the RPN field could display the result

But I probably misunderstand the functionalities of the bridge/RPN strings are able to support.

51 minutes ago, DID92370 said:

COEFF

What is COEFF?

Normally, yes, that should work. 

%(L:A32NX_AUTOPILOT_VS_SELECTED, Number) 2.5 *%!04d!

"Multiply whatever is in the LVar by 2.5 and display it as a 4 digit integer number with leading zeroes"

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI