Sign in to follow this  
bmaik

Vox no longer working after cloning system to new computer

I built a brand-new powerful flight-symming system during the last few weeks. Since I have a complicated networked system with 8 computers I preferred cloning my system to the new computer instead of starting afresh, well konowing that this could cause massive problems. I can state that the transition was successful, all programs are working, all my add-ons running on different computers can access the sim and receive data with one sad exception - VoxATC. The panel window shows initializing, I hear the test voices in my headphone and even the traffic is correctly injectedi into P3Dv5. However, the VOX panel seems to freeze at initializing and never shows me the ATIS frequency to tune. I usually display the VOX panels on a networked computer using the Vox Proxy. The proxy does not recognise the panels open on the the networked computer anymore, although the sim communicates with all other add-ons on the same client without any problems. But even when the Vox Panels are run on the sim-computer itself, the problem persists. The error log didn't show anything special. However, I noticed two oddities that could be relevant:

1. Since I use VOX merely in PMDG planes, and I had to reactivate these planes after the transition because of new hardware, could it be that VOX has problems with this, perhaps the panel.cfg got messed up?

2.If I use the net view command in the Windows 10 command window I get an error. However, all clients can be pinged in both direction and file and printer sharing works flawlessly. Can anybody help me out here since I'm reluctant to reinstall Vox because of the many problems that can arise (and also have arisen in the past 20 years I've been unsing the program).

Thanks draci

5 hours ago, bmaik said:

one sad exception - VoxATC.

indeed

are you hearing all your TTS "tests" on initialise... I've seen hangs there with problematic voices (but your clone should not have upset TTS, but then ?)

for now, cheers

john martin

10 hours ago, bmaik said:

I built a brand-new powerful flight-symming system during the last few weeks. Since I have a complicated networked system with 8 computers I preferred cloning my system to the new computer instead of starting afresh, well konowing that this could cause massive problems. I can state that the transition was successful, all programs are working, all my add-ons running on different computers can access the sim and receive data with one sad exception - VoxATC. The panel window shows initializing, I hear the test voices in my headphone and even the traffic is correctly injectedi into P3Dv5. However, the VOX panel seems to freeze at initializing and never shows me the ATIS frequency to tune. I usually display the VOX panels on a networked computer using the Vox Proxy. The proxy does not recognise the panels open on the the networked computer anymore, although the sim communicates with all other add-ons on the same client without any problems. But even when the Vox Panels are run on the sim-computer itself, the problem persists. The error log didn't show anything special. However, I noticed two oddities that could be relevant:

1. Since I use VOX merely in PMDG planes, and I had to reactivate these planes after the transition because of new hardware, could it be that VOX has problems with this, perhaps the panel.cfg got messed up?

2.If I use the net view command in the Windows 10 command window I get an error. However, all clients can be pinged in both direction and file and printer sharing works flawlessly. Can anybody help me out here since I'm reluctant to reinstall Vox because of the many problems that can arise (and also have arisen in the past 20 years I've been unsing the program).

Thanks draci

Can you try running the indexer and tell me if it hangs at weather or anywhere else?

Clinton Royston Fernandes.

Vabb-Mumbai India.

Thank you all for trying to help. Falconfly was right, I had to run the indexer again, now Vox is functional if run from the sim computer, however the Proxy still doesn't see the open panels on the client. Very strange since I haven't changed anything. Is there anything I can configure like telling the proxy for which static IP to search on the client? I suddenly get strange crashes in P3Dv5. The event viewer tells me ntdll.dll together with .Net Framework error. Have reinstalled .Net many times with no effect. Still no connection and still .Net  framework error. Could that be related to my Vox Network problem?

On 8/20/2023 at 4:46 PM, Falconfly said:

The error log didn't show anything

13 hours ago, bmaik said:

I had to run the indexer again,

for now, cheers

john martin

Problem is solved: I had a second adapter connected to the sim computer via a crossover cable. The proxy tried to connect via the wrong adapter. After disabling it, everything runs fine, I can even reenable the second adapter after the proxy has connected to the remote panels and everything still runs fine, very happy!

• Like 1