Sign in to follow this  
DieterK

Correct ATIS on Approach

Hello all,

there was always the topic here how to listen to the ATIS with VOXATC during the approach to determine the correct runway.

I have been able to solve this problem in my home cockpit, so I thought I would let you know how to get a technically correct result.

Here is the initial situation with me.
P3Dv5.4, Active Sky, VOXATC (latest Version), current Navigraph Charts 

This is what I did:
I added today's ATIS frequencies to all AFCAD of my addon airports. If I now make a "temporaray frequencie change" on approach with VOXATC, I can turn in the ATIS frequency in the RMP and hear the ATIS as it is normally reproduced by the P3D. So also which runway is in use.

For me this works perfectly. I hope the description helps others of you also.

Regards Dieter

• Like 1

On 8/25/2023 at 10:39 PM, DieterK said:

I added today's ATIS frequencies to all AFCAD of my addon airports

Dieter

An alternative way to "update" all TMA frequencies is to use/include your airport's data in VATC's apdata folder ... this will correct your afcad.

& if your aircraft has 2 vhf comms (??), one can hear atis on comm2 within 60nm of departure / arrival simultaneously with ATC on comm1 ...... real ?

for now, cheers

john martin

On 8/27/2023 at 1:02 AM, vadriver said:

Dieter

An alternative way to "update" all TMA frequencies is to use/include your airport's data in VATC's apdata folder ... this will correct your afcad.

& if your aircraft has 2 vhf comms (??), one can hear atis on comm2 within 60nm of departure / arrival simultaneously with ATC on comm1 ...... real ?

Hi vadriver,

I don't understand what you mean with com1 and 2.

Do you mean two RMP's?
First RMP on COM1 and second RMP on COM2 or one RMP and VHF1 and VHF2?

Regards Dieter

9 hours ago, DieterK said:

I don't understand what you mean with com1 and 2

Not being familiar with your "cockpit", I can only be generic in how one might hear an atis and ATC simultaneously ... & then how well it is simulated compared with the real.

Most aircraft (big or small) have at least 2 VHF com radios, both of which can be tuned & heard on probably 2 RMP/ACP's (captain/copilot's) either separately&differently or simultaneously.

In my regular PMDG aircraft, I manage all that on the ACP copilot's side. given I use VATC's copilot feature.

Trust that is clear as ............

for now, cheers

john martin