Sign in to follow this  
Kalnon

Milviz F-86 Sabre GPS problem

I wanted to try out the Milviz F-86 now that it's free and it's an awesome airplane but it doesn't have the default GPS panel installed, so I added it via the panel.cfg file so I can use it to navigate since I don't know very well how to navigate and set up flight plans using only VOR's and NDB's.  When I first start the plane the GPS works fine but after about 10 minutes after start, the GPS turns off and I can't figure out why or how to turn it back on.  I made sure the battery and generator switches where on but there's no avionics switch or anything since it wasn't designed for one.  I don't understand why it won't stay on.

Any advice please?

Thank you

Hi @Kalnon,

Perhaps try an alternate GPS ?

I've just installed the F-86 (great plane by the way), added the GPS 2020 which is available in the AVSIM library (version 12.4) and then added it to the aircraft as per below.

for example:

[Window Titles]
Window00=GPS

//--------------------------------------------------------
[Window00]
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=456,378
window_size_ratio=1.000
position=6
visible=1
ident=GPS_PANEL
Type=Special
window_size=0.31,0.45
zorder=0

gauge00=GPS2020!GPS2020, 0,0,456,378 //GPS2020 custom GPS gauge

I used the aircraft quick start proceedure as detailed in the manual and have flown for 20 mins with the GPS 2020 fully operational the entire time.

Give the GPS 2020 a go, I use it in many aircraft where a popup is the only option.

Cheers

spacer.png

The Milviz planes have proved to be pretty good, even better now they are free.

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

• Like 1

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

6 hours ago, Rogen said:

Hi @Kalnon,

Perhaps try an alternate GPS ?

I've just installed the F-86 (great plane by the way), added the GPS 2020 which is available in the AVSIM library (version 12.4) and then added it to the aircraft as per below.

for example:

[Window Titles]
Window00=GPS

//--------------------------------------------------------
[Window00]
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=456,378
window_size_ratio=1.000
position=6
visible=1
ident=GPS_PANEL
Type=Special
window_size=0.31,0.45
zorder=0

gauge00=GPS2020!GPS2020, 0,0,456,378 //GPS2020 custom GPS gauge

I used the aircraft quick start proceedure as detailed in the manual and have flown for 20 mins with the GPS 2020 fully operational the entire time.

Give the GPS 2020 a go, I use it in many aircraft where a popup is the only option.

Cheers

The Milviz planes have proved to be pretty good, even better now they are free.

Thank you, I never heard of that GPS before, I will give it a try.  The strange thing is though I also have Reality XP for FSX/P3D which I also tried with the F-86 and the same thing happened, it went dead after several minutes but I will give the GPS you mentioned a try.

Also, beautiful shots by the way.  I don't fly military aircraft often in FSX or P3D but Milviz did an absolutely amazing job on this aircraft.  It really is a beautiful bird for a vintage fighter jet.

Edited by Kalnon

On 9/1/2023 at 5:59 PM, Kalnon said:

Also, beautiful shots by the way.  I don't fly military aircraft often in FSX or P3D but Milviz did an absolutely amazing job on this aircraft.  It really is a beautiful bird for a vintage fighter jet.

Yes it is in particaular a good looking aircraft, very detailed and performs well (so far), plus the package also includes the actual F-86F 431 page Flight Manual from 1960 (if you're up for some light reading).

MilViz should have more actively promoted more often (for all their aircraft), as so far their freebees have all been pretty good will minimal fixes needed.

This one has an error in the aircraft.cfg

A duplicate entry which was messing with my ultimate ground control package.

[CameraDefinition.8]
Title = "Starboard"
Guid = {013697da-7454-42ff-9e80-19f75ecc5c88}
Description =
Origin = Center
SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
SnapPbhReturn = FALSE
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhReturn = FALSE
Track = None
ShowAxis = FALSE
AllowZoom = TRUE
InitialZoom = 1.0
ShowWeather = Yes
InitialXyz = 31.5, 1.7, -3.0
InitialPbh = 5, 0, 275
//InitialPbh = 0.0, 0, 215 // TBM 01/09/2023 commented the duplicate.
XyzAdjust = TRUE
Category=Aircraft
MomentumEffect = TRUE
ClipMode=Minimum

Cheers

• Like 1

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

3 hours ago, Rogen said:

Yes it is in particaular a good looking aircraft, very detailed and performs well (so far), plus the package also includes the actual F-86F 431 page Flight Manual from 1960 (if you're up for some light reading).

MilViz should have more actively promoted more often (for all their aircraft), as so far their freebees have all been pretty good will minimal fixes needed.

This one has an error in the aircraft.cfg

A duplicate entry which was messing with my ultimate ground control package.

[CameraDefinition.8]
Title = "Starboard"
Guid = {013697da-7454-42ff-9e80-19f75ecc5c88}
Description =
Origin = Center
SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
SnapPbhReturn = FALSE
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhReturn = FALSE
Track = None
ShowAxis = FALSE
AllowZoom = TRUE
InitialZoom = 1.0
ShowWeather = Yes
InitialXyz = 31.5, 1.7, -3.0
InitialPbh = 5, 0, 275
//InitialPbh = 0.0, 0, 215 // TBM 01/09/2023 commented the duplicate.
XyzAdjust = TRUE
Category=Aircraft
MomentumEffect = TRUE
ClipMode=Minimum

Cheers

Some more great shots there @Rogen

Your right, they should have done a better job promoting this airplane and all  of their other aircraft.  I've honestly never even heard of them until a couple years ago and I did purchase a couple of their planes before they where freeware and I always really liked the quality and was happy with my purchases.  You can tell that they put a lot of time and effort into their aircraft, I can say that for sure now that I've tried a lot more since their free.  A good number of their aircraft were on my personal "wishlist" of aircraft I still wanted to buy until they dropped out of the market.  It's really sad they dropped out like so many other devs have done.

I'll have to check out my aircraft.cfg file for that duplicate, thanks for the tip.

If you are looking for a great autopilot app check out FSRadiopanel.

I've been using it on this freeware F-86 for several weeks and wouldn't want to fly without it.  It's on the Google paly store.  I bought the Pro version.  You run it on a tablet and it connects via Simconnect.

Any questions start a new topic titled FSRadiopanel in this Forum.

http://www.tambucho.es/android/fsradiopanel/

On 4/4/2024 at 11:29 PM, Hollister56 said:

If you are looking for a great autopilot app check out FSRadiopanel.

I've been using it on this freeware F-86 for several weeks and wouldn't want to fly without it.  It's on the Google paly store.  I bought the Pro version.  You run it on a tablet and it connects via Simconnect.

Any questions start a new topic titled FSRadiopanel in this Forum.

http://www.tambucho.es/android/fsradiopanel/

the coding with the FSX/P3D Sabre doesnt support an autopilot,  this was raised during beta testing.

As for the MSFS i cant comment as I dont have the freeware portover and dont follow MSFS

Matt

NT - AUSTRALIA

Hello Matt,

I haven't used FSX/P3D in years.  Why don't you upgrade to MSFS?  Flying over satellite imagery is totally amazing, but you must have your reasons. 

Ed 

Hi @Hollister56,

You are aware this is a P3D post in the P3D forum for P3D users ?

Cheers

• Like 1