Sign in to follow this  
sipos

Uncheck the anti-aliasing Button

When i unchecked the anti-aniasing button in fsx and have "overide any application setting" in the NVIDA control panel my performance increasesd like crazy. Performance is as smooth as silk. I have a geforce 8600GTS. Try this and see if it helps. DX10 preview looks awesome - and the bloom effect is beyond this world.

Guest kd001

You actually have AA and AF working with DX10 plus increased performance?

Guest barnescm8039

What version of the Nvidia driver are you using? And 32 or 64 bit OS? I tried the same thing but it didn't work

Guest stpierce

Didn't work for me either. Sipos, are you sure you were not in DX9 mode?

Guys,I just bought and installed Acceleration and I can't get AA to work in windowed mode at all using any method. As soon as you hit Alt-Enter and go to full screen it works fine, but I get absolutely nothing in Windowed mode.Wonder if this is Nvidia's issue or an issue with the sim. Anyone with an ATI card try it?

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

The driver is 163.69 released september 18th. http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Scan.aspx?lang=en-us , I am Positive I am running in DX10 mode. I am going to try to make a video tonight - that should show you how it looks. It's running under 4x Anti-Aliasing in the NVIDIA control panel and the sim looks great. Before i was getting really stuttery low frame rates but now it runs just fine or better then DX9.

Guest stpierce

I just loaded the same drivers and no go. Still getting very bad performance.

Go into full screen mode. I get bad performace when not in full screen. You must go to View - then full screen. I think it has to do with the way Vista haddles the application.