Sign in to follow this  
pastorpilot

Are the Add-on Planes working w/o DX-10 under SP-2?

Sorry Phil but if you go back and read that blog, it's all in code-speak. I couldn't decipher it then and I can't after re-reading it. I am quite computer literate (and MSFS experienced) but that discussion still baffles me.Is FSX-SP2 DX10 if I have Vista and a 8800 GTX? All that talk about magic screenies didn't answer my question at all. I did finally find the DX10 Preview button but the game still sets Vista graphics back to Vista Basic when it starts. I thought you stated that that was going to be fixed. Did I misunderstand?Why is it called DX10 'preview'? What the heck does that mean (in English please)? I am not complaining - just trying very hard to understand. Could you perhaps take the time to clarify this without the codespeak?Thanks in advance!Brian

>Is FSX-SP2 DX10 if I have Vista and a 8800 GTX? only if you turn on the Preview checkbox in the Graphics settings, and then restart.>I did finally find the DX10 Preview button but the game still sets Vista graphics back to Vista Basic when it starts. I thought you stated that that >was going to be fixed. Did I misunderstand?Yes, that is something different entirely.>Why is it called DX10 'preview'?Because we knew we were going to get measured against the artistic impressions mistakenly released last year, and didn't reach that goal. And felt that due to that, we had to relabel it to reset expectations. And then move on.