Sign in to follow this  
Sagittarius2018

Too much traffic, simulator audio crackles

Hi, today a "new" experience with PSXT+RT: I was at the Chicago airport (KORD) and the traffic was so heavy that the audio started to crackle (I can't find a better term) so much that I had to finish the two programs. Can anything be done? This was a part of the traffic.

spacer.png

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sagittarius2018 said:

Hi, today a "new" experience with PSXT+RT: I was at the Chicago airport (KORD) and the traffic was so heavy that the audio started to crackle (I can't find a better term) so much that I had to finish the two programs. Can anything be done? This was a part of the traffic.

spacer.png

If you're experiencing audio drop outs, I imagine it's because of increased CPU loads if so, it seems that your only option is to reduce the amount of traffic you're injecting, as well as look at what else you're using that is injecting objects into the sim. Finally, maybe look at your CPU heavy settings in the sim.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, mmcmah said:

If you're experiencing audio drop outs, I imagine it's because of increased CPU loads if so, it seems that your only option is to reduce the amount of traffic you're injecting, as well as look at what else you're using that is injecting objects into the sim. Finally, maybe look at your CPU heavy settings in the sim.

This is the first time I have encountered this type of problem with MSFS and PSXT+RT, it has never happened before.

My hardware/software configuration is this:
- KORD airport by FSDT
- CPU i9-10900K CPU
- GPU ASUS GeForce RTX 3080 ROG STRIX OC
- RAM 32GB DDR4 3600 HyperX Predator
- STORAGE SSD Nvme M.2 Corsair MP600 2TB + SSD Nvme M.2 970Evo Plus 1TB + SATA SSD Samsung 870 QVO 1 TB
- PSU Corsair RM850x
- S.O. Windows 11 64bit
- GAMING PERIPHERALS Logitech G X56 H.O.T.A.S
- MFG V3 Crosswind Rudder Pedals

2 hours ago, Sagittarius2018 said:

This is the first time I have encountered this type of problem with MSFS and PSXT+RT, it has never happened before.

There were no changes in RT and PSXT wrt sound.

Note that sound is not generated by PSXT but by the aircraft models you have installed together with the MSFS AI engine. PSXT only sets the throtlles of ai aircraft, that triggeres the sound being produced by others..

I am experiencing something similar. Third party aircraft such as the FENIX a320 and the PMDG 737 will stop producing cockpit sounds in high traffic settings. Turning off Real Traffic and PSXT will allow the sounds to comeback. This is both in KEWR and KORD with parked aircraft at 0%. I am assuming it has to do something with the amount of live traffic injected in the nearby airports limiting the amount of soundfiles that are being reproduced at one time. 

According to the FENIX dev. MSFS does have a limit on the amount of sounds that can be reproduced at any given time. So maybe this is being suprassed by the amount of nearby traffic?

• Upvote 1

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight