Sign in to follow this  
KenSATX

XPlane 12 Networked

Dave,

I've been using P2ATC networked on a separate PC since 2016. Trying to move from XP11 to XP12 and bottom line the XPUIPC XPWideClient is broken in XP12 and causes a CTD. Apparently the original author is working on a new version, but I'm not hopeful. Have you thought about adding basic sim/dataref connectivity to your XPLink traffic plugin so we can ditch XPUIPC altogether?

Thanks for a great product!

Ken

Yes.  That is on the long range plan.

Are you using version 2.0.3.8 from here:

http://www.schiratti.com/xpuipc.html

That's the cleanest version I am aware of.

I understand that some users have had luck with using FSUIPC Wide Client on the Client machine with XPUIPC running on the X-Plane machine. 

Dave

Edited by Dave-Pilot2ATC
add more information

The 2.0.3.8 version of XPUIPC with the 2.0.0.3 XP Wide Client is what I have been using successfully with XP11. It is only now with XP12 that there is an issue. XPUIPC apparently works in XP12 for now when run by itself on the local machine, but if you use the wide client on a networked machine it causes an immediate CTD in the sim. So right now my only immediate option is to move to using P2ATC on my simbox.

Thanks!

Ken

I have been using, since Oct 2022, a client/server that ARebs wrote and posted in a thread on the org. It has been working perfectly. I believe I had to adjust settings in XPUIPC to get P2ATC to see the battery and power. 
https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/272191-crash-of-xpuipc/#comment-2426762

It is 2 apps, a server for the XP machine and client for the P2ATC machine. Very light weight and no noticeable resource draw on my 2 old boxes. It allows you to not have to run the XPUIPC client on the networked P2ATC machine that causes XP to crash. You will run the XPUIPC plugin in XP, ARebs' server on the XP machine and Arebs' client on the P2ATC machine. 

Bruce

Edited by bbowser

6 hours ago, bbowser said:

I have been using, since Oct 2022, a client/server that ARebs wrote and posted in a thread on the org. It has been working perfectly. I believe I had to adjust settings in XPUIPC to get P2ATC to see the battery and power. 
https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/272191-crash-of-xpuipc/#comment-2426762

It is 2 apps, a server for the XP machine and client for the P2ATC machine. Very light weight and no noticeable resource draw on my 2 old boxes. It allows you to not have to run the XPUIPC client on the networked P2ATC machine that causes XP to crash. You will run the XPUIPC plugin in XP, ARebs' server on the XP machine and Arebs' client on the P2ATC machine. 

Bruce

Thank you! I will give this a try.

Correction:
" I believe I had to adjust settings in XPUIPC to get P2ATC to see the battery and power."
Should be "radio and power".

Bruce

Edited by bbowser