Sign in to follow this  
BostonJeremy77

P3D light engine v6

We are still here with bugs. Yes, the gauges are lit up. But the cockpit is still pitch black. I am NOT asking for P3D to be MSFS, but I am wondering how LM is accepting these deficiencies in a VANILLA version with VANILLA aircraft. How is this acceptable? 

Have you tried adjusting mid tone control slider control under live graphics to mitigate, kind of like putting on or taking off sunglasses imo?  It can be accessed while in game with out pausing. 

1 hour ago, greggd said:

Have you tried adjusting mid tone control slider control under live graphics to mitigate, kind of like putting on or taking off sunglasses imo?  It can be accessed while in game with out pausing. 

The tone control settings do help, yes... They also kind of make the outside not as attractive as before. Regardless, the "default" settings by LM SHOULD work. If they don't, they should tweak them... in any case, this is making P3D v6 problematic. Forget vendor support, etc... this is just vanilla sim with these issues. I don't know how it got past initial testing. Do you not see these issues in your sim?

I see issues but I believe it can be its strength. Light changes constantly in real life and on a computer you have issues like how one sets up their monitor etc. Creative people can take advantage of the new light engine if they want to. We shall see, its only been a shade over three months. Overall, I believe its a step up from P3Dv5 but it needs maturing. Have fun simming!

I had a night flight in VR yesterday-cannot remember the exact time but around half way into the flight the panels went pitch black and I couldn't see the switches. I don't think it was a hypoxia effect and increasing the gamma only made the mouse pointer a massive bright spot and the lighted gauges unreadable.

V6 is nevertheless still the best sim experience I've had since I started many moons ago!