Sign in to follow this  
Captain Joe

KSBA no Takeoff clearance

Using XPlane 12 with Windows 11 and everything worked as usual obtaining ATIS all the way until approaching Runway 25.  There was no hand over to the tower controller approaching the hold short line of the runway.  Instructed ground that I was holding short of runway 25 and was handed over to the tower controller.  Called the tower with the phrase ready for departure runway 25 and was handed back to the ground controller for taxi instructions.  Tried using Just say it with the same results.  Just kept getting transferred back and forth between Ground & Tower controllers and was unable to obtain a takeoff clearance.

I couldn;t figure out how to attach me log file but copied it to my desktop for safe keeping until you can let me know how in case you need it.

I hope you can assist in letting me know if I was doing something wrong although I am a seasoned pro using the software or if it is indeed a bug when it comes to this particular airport.

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide.

This "Ground-Tower loop" occurs when the program thinks you are not close to the takeoff area of the departure runway.  If, for example, you are near the numbers and the program is using the overrun for takeoffs, or vice-versa.  

Generally, if you press the Taxi button to the right of the map. you'll see you are not at the end of the blue taxi line.  If you are, then you can break out of the loop by requesting a mid-field departure.  

There have been some fixes related to taxi in the latest Beta 7E, so be sure to update to that as well.

Dave

Thank you very much for your reply Dave!  I will try this fix the next time it happens and I see where I can verify things via the Taxi button you mentioned.  I have been noticing allot of regional airports aren't consistently lining up with my navigraph charts and thought this might have had something to do with it.